Product Id: 25697199
Description: Cisco Route Switch Processor 440 - Control processor - plug-in module
Mfr Part #: A9K-RSP440-SE=
The Cisco ASR 9000 series Route Switch Processor 440 (RSP 440)is a main system processor for Cisco ASR 9000 series. It supports scalable, low-power, next-generation platforms, as well as required by today's service provider networks.
The Cisco ASR 9000 series operates in a fully distributed fashion, meaning that all packet-forwarding decisions and actions take place on each individual line card. Cisco ASR 9000 series line cards provide a flexible programming infrastructure with high-density hierarchical quality-of-service(H-QoS)services, security, and integrated Synchronous Ethernet(SyncE). The distributed nature of the Cisco ASR 9000 series also presents itself in the control plane. The distributed control plane facilitates scale in features such as Bidirectional Forwarding Detection(BFD)and Ethernet operations, administration, and management(EOAM), which improve resilience and provide comprehensive instrumentation.
- Provides built-in scalability for investment protection
- Offers traffic load balancing simultaneously across both fabrics
- Offers highly available system where loss of one RSP allows for unimpeded performance per slot
- Allows line cards to support independent forwarding for enhanced performance and scale
- Allows the redundant pair of chassis to be combined into a single logical entity to provide advantages in management, scalability, and high availability
- Provides transparent nonblocking low-latency packet forwarding
- Provides efficient congestion management mechanism and avoids problems related to head-of-line blocking
- Uses an efficient credit mechanism to help ensure transparent switchover with zero packet loss
- Delivers timing services over the packet network efficiently and reliably
- Offers redundant, centralized network synchronization support
- Provides access to USB flash memory devices for software image loading and recovery