Product Id: 25680641
Description: Quantum StorNext File System - License - 1 SAN client - Linux, Win
Mfr Part #: WSNSE-UFYZ-001A
StorNext empowers companies to share projects and files more easily by giving applications running on UNIX, Linux, Windows, and Mac OS concurrent access to a common file store across high speed FC or lower cost iSCSI connections. With StorNext, users access files in parallel, eliminating the need to duplicate files or move them between hosts over the network. The result is high speed content ingest, fast parallel processing, and transparent, heterogeneous shared access to images, rich media files, broadcast content, satellite downloads, seismic data, analytic data sets, and other critical digital assets.
Unlike standard file systems which are "owned" by a single host, StorNext uses a shared file system to allow concurrent access to files. StorNext runs on each host and presents shared storage as a native volume. Hosts access StorNext volumes directly, eliminating the time consuming process of passing files between systems, and allowing users to consolidate storage to a single volume.
- High speed data sharing dramatically boosts I/O performance and enables faster project completion
- Heterogeneous data sharing amongst the broadest range of OS platforms enables greater collaboration and fewer delays
- Distributed LAN client enables cost-effective fan out to LAN systems
- Online expansion of storage capacity and disk array swap-outs simplify service and upgrade processes
- iMover technology transparently moves data between storage tiers for simplicity, scalability, and economy
- An industry first, data reduction storage extends cost savings for long and short term content retention
- Integrated data protection and integrity checks safeguard data both on-site and off-site
- Platform independence preserves user choice and eliminates vendor lock-in