Product Id: 25400219
Description: Barracuda Web Security Gateway 810 - Security appliance - GigE - 2U - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: BYF810A55
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway 810 is an integrated content filtering, application locking and malware protection solution that is powerful, easy to use and affordable for businesses of all sizes. It enforces Internet usage policies by blocking access to Web sites and Internet applications that are not related to business, and it easily and completely eliminates spyware and other forms of malware from your organization. The Barracuda Web Security Gateway integrates with popular LDAP directory servers such as Microsoft Active Directory, for both authentication and group membership information. It also has remote filtering agents for Windows PCs and Macs to protect remote users' computers.
Energize Updates are delivered automatically by Barracuda Central, an advanced technology center where engineers work continuously to provide the most effective methods to combat the ever changing spyware and virus variants. Energize Updates include the latest spyware and virus definitions, along with content filter categories and security updates that are distributed hourly for continuous protection against the latest threats.
- Blocks access to Web sites based on domain, URL pattern, or content category
- Blocks downloads based on file type
- Blocks applications that access the Internet, including IM, music services, and software update utilities
- Integrates with "safe search" filters built into popular images search engines
- Provides integrated gateway and desktop spyware protection
- 2U rack mount mini chassis
- Hot Swap Redundant Disk Array
- Redundant Hot Swap Power Supply
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet Passthrough
- 200 Mb/sec Throughput
- Content Filtering by category, URL, or file type
- Application Blocking for IM and other applications
- Global, Group, User, and IP-based Policy Definition
- Integration with LDAP Directories
- Virus protection at the gateway
- Spyware protection at the gateway
- Integrated desktop spyware removal with included Barracuda Spyware Removal Tool
- Web Caching
- Ethernet Bypass Hardware
- Blocks spyware downloads
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway blocks spyware from being installed without the user's knowledge - also known as drive-by installs or downloads.
- Integrated antivirus protection
By using dual-layer virus blocking, decompressing archives and blocking file types, the antivirus engine in the Barracuda Web Security Gateway protects your network from aggressive viruses.
- Detects and blocks spyware activity
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway detects installed spyware trying to access the Internet. Upon discovery, it blocks the spyware activity and notifies the administrator.
- Image/multimedia safe search
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway's image/multimedia safe search feature prevents search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN from displaying objectionable thumbnail images in search results.
- URL by domain or pattern
Content filtering policies can be customized to restrict specific websites or look for specific patterns in web addresses. Administrators can specify URL patterns to block sites using the powerful UNIX regular expression (regexp) syntax.
- File type blocking
Administrators can create policies that control downloading web files based on their MIME types. For example, to block downloads of executables, you can block MIME type application/octet-stream.
- Youtube for schools
YouTube for schools is an invaluable resource for educators, serving as a portal to a wide array of high quality educational videos. The Barracuda Web Security Gateway make it easy and safe to use this resource, by automatically redirecting all YouTube requests to the YouTube for schools portal.
- Port/protocol based control
Administrators can customize IP blocking policies using combinations of source and destination IP address ranges and ports.
- Deep packet inspection
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway uses real-time deep packet inspection technology to analyze protocols independent of their port of destination servers. By integrating layer 7 protocol analysis with policy controls, the Barracuda Web Security Gateway enables complete control over application usage.
- Granular control
The Barracuda Web Security Gateway provides granular control over Web 2.0 sites and applications. Administrators can also configure the Barracuda Web Security Gateway to archive outbound social media communications, like Facebook posts, tweets, and web-based email to a message archiving solution, such as the Barracuda Message Archiver. These messages can be indexed and then mined for forensic analysis.