Product Id: 25395620
Description: Fluke Networks TS54 Pro LCD Butt-in Test Set + TDR, ABN with Piercing Pin - Telephone test set
Mfr Part #: TS54-A-09-TDR
The innovative TS 54 TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) is perfect for voice, data and video technicians and communication service provider technicians who need a best-in-class test set. There's nothing else like the TS54 TDR on the market today. No longer will you need to carry a separate TDR, toner, pair identifier - everything you need is in one newly redesigned and compact test set - that's a 62% weight reduction and a 20% cost reduction over existing products.
The TS54 delivers 20% more extreme weather protection with the latest advancements to the patented RainSafe, DropSafe and DataSafe technology. This means the TS54 is weatherproof and rugged and able to butt in on live DSL lines to test POTS quality without crashing data service.
The Fluke Networks TS54 TDR test set, available with various line cord connectors to suit specific applications, incorporates a TDR, tone generator, and telephone test set into one tool for testing VDV cabling as well as POTS quality on live DSL lines without disrupting data services. The TDR (time-domain reflectometer) measures cable length and locates faults on virtually all types of cable including twisted pair, coaxial, and parallel conductors, finding the distance to open and short circuits in up to 3,000 feet of cabling. It has an adjustable VOP (velocity of propagation) setting to optimize the accuracy of fault location and cable length measurements. The analog tone generator sends a signal through wires for locating and tracing wires with a probe (sold separately), and has five distinct SmartTone cadences for isolating individual wire pairs. The telephone test set is designed for outside plant use to detect dial tone and polarity, place and receive calls, indicate line voltage and current, and verify caller ID and call waiting caller ID services; has a two-way, adjustable-volume speakerphone for hands-free conversation during testing; monitors lines without disrupting service; locks out off-hook testing when high-speed data is detected; and stores up to nine 23-digit telephone numbers which can be speed-dialed via the keypad. It provides tone or pulse operation. The test set has two basic modes of operation: talk mode for off-hook operations including verifying dialing and receiving calls, and monitor mode for on-hook operations including checking for an idle line, listening for line noise, measuring DC voltage on the line, and capturing DTMF (dual-tone multi-frequency) tones to check for proper signaling. In monitor mode, the test set provides a high impedance coupling to monitor lines without disrupting service. When switching to talk mode, the data lockout feature tests the line for high-speed data signals and remains on hook and beeps if such signals are detected. The lockout can be overridden to pull dial tone from a noise line. Telephone test sets, also called butt sets, are used by telecom technicians to troubleshoot and maintain copper-wire voice-subscriber lines such as POTS (plain old telephone service) lines. TDRs are used by network and telecom technicians and installers to troubleshoot, maintain, and optimize performance of VDV (voice, data, and video) cabling.
- TDR - find cable length measurement and locate faults on virtually all types of cable including twisted pair, coaxial, and parallel conductors
- Toner - five separate tones for fast and easy differentiation between multiple wire pairs
- SmartTone - short the correct pair and tone changes for exact pair identification
- Data indication - warns when data is present on the line
- Voltage indication/measurement - identifies potential line problems
- Current (mA) indication/measurement - verifies sufficient line current
- Caller-ID with Call Waiting CID - verifies functional service
- DTMF Digit Grabbing - isolates faulty customer premise equipment
- Detects dial tone, places and receives calls
- DropSafe PRO – passed 20-foot drop test onto concrete
- RainSafe PRO – protection for extreme weather conditions
- DataSafe PRO – prevents disruption of data transmission on the line
- High-visibility keypad with glow-in-the-dark keys for any outside plant environment
- Extra-large, backlit LCD screen
- Familiar, cell phone-like menu and user interface
- Two-way, hands-free speakerphone
- Optional headset