Product Id: 25377362
Description: Brocade 6505 - Switch - managed - 12 x 16Gb Fibre Channel SFP+ - desktop
Mfr Part #: XBR-6505-12-0R
The Brocade 6505 switch provides exceptional price/performance value, combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality in an entry-level switch. Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the Brocade 6505 is configurable in 12 ports and supports high speeds in an efficiently designed 1U package.
To keep pace with growing business demands, data centers are transitioning to highly virtualized, private cloud storage environments. This approach enables organizations to consolidate and simplify their IT resources, resulting in increased business agility and lower capital and operating expenses. But virtualization is not without its challenges. Data centers must keep up with the explosive data growth and dynamic changes driven by virtualized workloads. Selecting the right network is key to realizing the full benefits of these cloud-based architectures.
Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the Brocade 6505 is configurable in 12 ports and supports high speeds in an efficiently designed 1U package. It comes standard with a single power supply with integrated fans. A second, optional power supply provides additional redundancy for increased resiliency.
A simplified deployment process and a point-and-click user interface make the Brocade 6505 both powerful and easy to use. Moreover, the Brocade 6505 offers low-cost access to industry-leading Storage Area Network (SAN) technology while providing "pay-as-you-grow" scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
- Provides exceptional price/performance value, combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality in a 12-port, 1U entry-level switch
- Enables fast, easy, and cost-effective 12 ports using Ports on Demand (PoD) capabilities
- Maximizes resiliency with non-disruptive software upgrades and an optional redundant power supply
- Simplifies deployment with the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard
- Streamlines deployment and troubleshooting time with dynamic fabric provisioning, critical monitoring, and advanced diagnostic features
- Simplifies server connectivity and SAN scalability by offering dual functionality as a full-fabric SAN switch or an NPIV-enabled Brocade access gateway
- Simplifies and centralizes management through Brocade network advisor, reducing operational costs and complexity
- Exceptional price/performance for growing SAN Workloads
The Brocade 6505 combines market-leading throughput with an affordable switch form factor, making it ideal for growing SAN workloads. Exchange-based Dynamic Path Selection (DPS) optimizes fabric-wide performance and load balancing by automatically routing data to the most efficient and available path in the fabric. It augments Brocade ISL Trunking to provide more effective load balancing in certain configurations. In addition, the Brocade 6505 provides a low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) thanks to a 12-port base configuration, easy administration, 1U footprint, and low-energy consumption - 0.22 watts per Gbps and 3.3 watts per port. Enterprise-class capabilities combined with a low TCO yield 40 percent higher performance compared to 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) alternatives at a similar cost.
- Industry-Leading technology that is flexible, simple, and easy to use
The Brocade 6505 delivers industry-leading SAN technology within a flexible, simple, and easy-to-use solution. In addition to providing best-in-class scalability, the Brocade 6505 is easy to deploy with the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard and the "D Port" feature, which simplifies setup.
- A building block for virtualized, private cloud storage
The Brocade 6505 provides a critical building block for today's highly virtualized, private cloud storage environments. It simplifies server virtualization and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) management while meeting the high-throughput demands of Solid State Disks (SSDs). The Brocade 6505 also supports multi-tenancy in cloud environments through Quality of Service (QoS) and fabric-based zoning features.
- Brocade access gateway mode
The Brocade 6505 can be deployed as a full-fabric switch or as a Brocade access gateway, which simplifies fabric topologies and heterogeneous fabric connectivity. Access gateway mode utilizes N Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) switch standards to present physical and virtual servers directly to the core of SAN fabrics. This makes Access Gateway transparent to the SAN fabric, greatly reducing management of the network edge. The Brocade 6505 in Access Gateway mode can connect servers to NPIV-enabled Brocade B-Series, Brocade M-Series, and other SAN fabrics.
- Enterprise-class features in an entry-level switch
The Brocade 6505 features advanced monitoring, diagnostics, RAS, and redundancy capabilities in an entry-level switch to maximize availability, optimize performance, and simplify administration.