Product Id: 25216757
Description: Omnitron OmniConverter FPoE+/S - Fiber media converter - 100Mb LAN - 10Base-T, 100Base-FX, 100Base-TX - RJ-45 / SC single-mode - up to 30 km - 1310 nm
Mfr Part #: 9323-1-21W
The OmniConverter FPoE+/S is multi-port media converter that converts 10/100BASE-T UTP to 100BASE-FX fiber and provides Power-over-Ethernet. Classified as Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE), it can provide power to one or two Powered Devices (PDs) using standard UTP cables that carries the Ethernet data.
The OmniConverter media converter can power PDs such as VoIP phones, wireless access points, network cameras, building access and automation equipment. It is especially useful at powering PDs in hard-to-reach locations with limited access to AC power outlets. The cost of bringing electrical power to each device is eliminated by powering the equipment through the UTP cable.
Configurable features include link modes which can propagate link faults from fiber to copper and copper-to-fiber, and a PoE power reset function, in which a loss of fiber Rx link can disable the PSE power output for 2 seconds to allow the remote PD to re-initialize.
OmniConverter media converters support fixed-fiber connectors and Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers, enabling easy adaptability to different fiber types, distances and wavelengths.
- Power over Ethernet injector/source media converter
- Supports IEEE 802.3af PoE and IEEE 802.3at PoE+ standards on one or two UTP copper ports
- Supports 100BASE-FX fixed-fiber and 100BASE-FX SFP transceivers
- Redundant protected fiber link option (using dual SFP transceivers)
- Compatible with legacy pre-IEEE standard powered devices
- Configurable PoE power reset