Product Id: 25184373
Description: Omnitron iConverter 2GXM2 - Media converter - 1000Base-X
Mfr Part #: 8999N-0
The iConverter 2GXM2 conforms to the Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) fiber standards to support fiber-to-the-X metropolitan and enterprise LAN networks. The 2GXM2 provides intelligent, securely managed service demarcation at the customer premises, offering quality of service and enhanced bandwidth control capabilities. The 2GXM2 features built-in Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) with comprehensive performance monitoring, fault detection and provisioning.
The 2GXM2 is available as a compact standalone unit or as a chassis plug-in module. The hot-swappable 2GXM2 plug-in module can be mounted in a 19- or 5-module chassis with any combination of redundant AC and DC power supplies. It can also be mounted in a 2-module AC or DC powered chassis, or in a 1-module chassis with AC or DC power input.
The plug-in module can manage other modules in the same chassis and operate as a managed gigabit fiber-to-fiber converter. It features two Gigabit Ethernet backplane ports for connectivity to adjacent modules in a chassis for multi-port and multi-service configurations.
- Carrier-grade optical Ethernet network interface device
- Integrated SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, SNMPv3 and IP-less 802.3ah management
- 802.3ah link OAM for early fault detection and performance monitoring
- VLAN with 802.1ad Q-in-Q for E-Line and E-LAN services
- Quality of Service for voice/data/video over Ethernet
- Bandwidth control with 64 kb increments
- Port MIB statistics and optical performance statistics to support Service Level Agreements
- Port access control for enhanced security
- 10,240 byte jumbo frames
- Layer 2 Control Protocol (L2CP) policy control
- Configurable link fault propagation modes
- Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers with optical statistics for standard or CWDM applications
- Auto-negotiation of duplex modes and pause capabilities
- MEF 9 and 14 certified compliant
- NEBS Level 3 compliant
- Link modes
The 2GXM2 features multiple, user-selectable link fault detection modes, including link propagation, remote fault detection and asymmetrical fault detection. These link modes provide rapid fault detection and isolation by monitoring the state of the cabling hardware, and operate independently of the network management.
- Tag VLAN, port VLAN and QoS
The iConverter 2GXM2 supports the IEEE 802.1Q tag Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) packet tagging and untagging (including Q-in-Q) and the 802.1p Quality of Service priority standards.
- Port bandwidth control and port access control
The enhanced bandwidth control feature supports levels of bandwidth between the fiber ports in 64 Kbps increments from 64K to full line speed. The 2GXM2 features port access control which blocks user service while maintaining the network link. Port access control enables the service provider to control user access while maintaining port configuration for easy disabling or enabling of customer service.
- Port statistics and optical performance statistics
The 2GXM2 supports reporting of utilization, port and optical performance statistics. Port statistics are available for 38 different variables for the fiber ports. Additionally, full optical performance statistics are available on SFP fiber transceivers with a digital diagnostic bus.