Product Id: 25125901
Description: Omnitron iConverter GX/F - Media converter - GigE - 1000Base-SX, 100Base-FX - SC multi-mode / SC single-mode - up to 120 km - 850 nm / 1550 nm
Mfr Part #: 8562-03
The iConverter GX/F managed media converter is a member of the modular iConverter product family. The GX/F provides single-mode to multi-mode fiber conversion and rate conversion between 1000Base-X and 100Base-FX.
The iConverter GX/F extends network distances by connecting multi-mode fiber network devices over single-mode fiber cabling. It regenerates and retimes the fiber optic signal, and multiple GX/F repeaters can be cascaded to extend total network distances. The GX/F converts between Gigabit Ethernet fiber and fast Ethernet fiber enabling seamless integration between Gigabit Ethernet and legacy fast Ethernet networks.
iConverter GX/F is available with multi-mode, single-mode, and single-fiber options with SC, MT-RJ, and LC connectors. The iConverter GX/F features two 10/100 Ethernet backplane ports to provide connectivity to adjacent modules for network expansion and for in-band connectivity to an iConverter network management module.
The iConverter GX/F supports the IEEE 802.1Q and 802.1p standards, and the 802.1Q tag VLAN packet tagging and untagging protocol.
Whether the GX/F is deployed at the customer premises (CP) or at the Central Office (CO), the VLAN technology enables service providers to offer their customers secure Ethernet virtual connections which are isolated from other customer's data as well as from the service provider's management traffic. It also enables the service provider to deploy edge equipment at the customer premises while maintaining secure separation of service provider network management and customer data traffic flows, providing intrusion protection to the service provider.
The GX/F features port VLAN, which allows complete control of traffic flow between both fiber ports and chassis backplane ports on a module, and port access control, which facilitates enabling and disabling of individual ports. The GX/F also supports reporting of MIB statistics. Statistics are available for 32 variables per port, reporting a wide range of real-time packet statistics to provide performance and operational monitoring.
The GX/F features user-selectable link propagate, link segment, remote fault detection and symmetrical fault detection modes to facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting.
The iConverter media converter provides fiber connectivity with copper to fiber, multi-mode fiber to single-mode fiber, or dual fiber to single-fiber conversions.
- 1000Base-SX multi-mode or 1000Base-LX single-mode to 100Base-FX single-mode or multi-mode
- Supports multi-mode to single-mode and single-fiber to dual fiber with SC, LC and MT-RJ connectors
- Features port VLAN, tag VLAN, port access control and MIB statistics
- Full-duplex auto-negotiation or manual negotiation
- Ethernet backplane ports for connectivity to adjacent iConverter modules
- Supports 1000Base-X (IEEE 802.3z) and 100Base-FX (IEEE 802.3u)
- User-selectable link fault detection modes facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting
- Management is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides real-time port and module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification