Product Id: 25058814
Description: D-Link Wireless N Unified Access Point DWL-3600AP - Wireless access point - Wi-Fi - 2.4 GHz
Mfr Part #: DWL-3600AP
DWL-3600AP is a highly manageable access point, capable of high data transmission speeds, it integrates seamlessly into any network and scales to meet future wireless demands.
- Standalone mode for small deployments
- High-power radio design to cover wider areas
- 802.11n connectivity for increased network capacity
- Up to 300 Mbps wireless speeds
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet port with PoE for convenient installation
- AP clustering function for deployments that don't require a centralized controller
- Integrated RFID recognition for Aeroscout devices to track wireless clients
- AirMagnet support for WLAN planning, surveying and troubleshooting
- VLAN support
- WMM (Wireless Multi Media) to prioritize audio, video and voice applications
- Enhanced security with RADIUS support
- Load balancing function to optimize high network traffic volume and redundancy
- High performance
The DWL-3600AP's 2 x 2 MIMO 2.4 GHz radio delivers up to 300 Mbps of network throughput. In addition, the DWL-3600AP features RadioProtect technology, which ensures all users receive an adequate level of service even in an environment where many users are accessing the network through legacy 802.11b and 802.11g devices.
- Self-configuring cluster
For small businesses that need to deploy multiple access points but lack the resources to tackle the complicated task of network management, the DWL-3600AP's self-configuring cluster feature offers the ideal solution. When a small number of DWL-3600APs is deployed on the network, they may be configured to form a self-configuring cluster.
The DWL-3600AP supports the Wi-Fi security, including WPA, WPA2, and 802.1x. In addition, the DWL-3600AP supports up to 16 Virtual Access Points (VAP), which allows the administrator to assign different access privileges to different groups of users.
- Automatic RF management
When a number of access points are deployed close to each other, interference may result if proper RF management is not implemented. When a DWL-3600AP senses a neighbor nearby, it will automatically select a non-interfering channel. This greatly reduces RF interference and allows the administrator to deploy APs more densely.
- Quality of Service
The DWL-3600AP is WMM-certified, so in the event of network congestion, time-sensitive traffic can be given priority ahead of the rest of traffic. Furthermore, when a number of DWL-3600APs are in close proximity with each other, an access point will refuse new association requests once its resources are fully utilized. Instead, the association request will be picked up by a neighboring unit. This feature ensures that no single AP is overburdened while others nearby sit idle.