Product Id: 24930173
Description: NetScout nGenius InfiniStream 6910/MS - Network monitoring device - 4 ports - GigE - 3U - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: 6910/MS
An effective enterprise network enables organizations to become more customer-focused, address new business opportunities, increase profitability and reduce total cost of ownership of performance management. However, there are many difficult network problems that can directly impact the level of service that the network provides to the end user.
Network performance issues, which are commonly intermittent and random incidents, can negatively impact a networks' overall efficiency. Analyzing these events can be time consuming, especially when trying to recreate or pinpoint certain network conditions. Without the original packets for back-in-time network forensic functionality network professionals have no other course of action than to sit and wait for the issue to reoccur. This approach to network performance assurance commonly equates to an extended mean time to resolution (MTTR), which in turn can impact end users. IT professionals need the ability to continuously capture packet-level details in order to quickly diagnose and resolve today's toughest network problems.
To meet this need, NetScout offers the nGenius InfiniStream that provides 24 x 7 continuous capture functionality, intuitive data mining and post-event network forensic packet analysis. The nGenius InfiniStream provides a comprehensive packet-level view which facilitates quick problem resolution by easily performing retrospective analysis of the existing network conditions whenever application performance issues occurred.
- Continuously capture packet-level details providing insight to specific network conditions at the time an issue occurred
- Store and index network packets for post event data mining and forensics
- Delivers real-time statistical monitoring and alerting to nGenius performance manager for proactive problem detection
- Leverage Sniffer Intelligence solutions to streamline the troubleshooting of today's toughest network problems
- Rapidly and definitively diagnose the source of performance degradations providing the packet-level visibility that is crucial for incident management
- Gain system-wide visibility of network and application performance and proactive problem recognition to achieve true service-aware network management