Product Id: 24885262
Description: Fortinet FortiAP 221B - Wireless access point - 802.11a/b/g/n - Dual Band
Mfr Part #: FAP-221B-J
The FortiAP-221B is a concealable 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless access point. When paired with the FortiGate embedded wireless controller, it can deliver up to 600 Mbps of secure business-grade wireless throughput. The FortiAP-221B features dual-concurrent radios that are ideal for demanding client access for indoor deployments. The FAP-221B is specially designed with PCI-DSS security compliance in mind. One radio can be configured to automatically switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies, while the second radio delivers uninterrupted high throughput access to Wi-Fi clients.
The FAP-221B sports the latest generation of wireless hardware, enabling advanced 802.11n technologies and features. These features include Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC) encoding, Maximum Likelihood Demodulation/Maximum Ratio Combining (MLD/MRC), and Transmit Beam Forming (TxBF). The end result is an impressive increase in performance and coverage.
- Two radios provide simultaneous 802.11 a/b/g/n connections with high throughput
- Support for 802.3af PoE or standard power adapter
- Advanced 802.11n to enhance rate-over-range
- Simultaneous rogue AP detection, monitoring and control (suppression) as well as client access
- WPA and WPA2, 802.11i, WEP, 802.1X, PSK
- Intra-SSID privacy for hotspot
- Layer 7 traffic prioritization for business-grade application performance guarantees
- Fast roaming for uninterrupted Wi-Fi connectivity and VoIP over WLAN operations
- Centralized management and reporting
- Global profile management
- Distributed Automatic Radio Resource Provisioning (DARRP)
- The need for a fortified Wireless LAN
Enterprises are looking to increase productivity through uninterrupted access to applications and resources, without compromising security and agility. You want to increase visibility and control of your wireless network traffic by enforcing the same policies as your wired network and eliminate potential blind spots. You also need a solution that helps you meet compliance by proactively blocking unauthorized access all while providing tools for business continuity by following industry best practices.
- Integrated wireless security and access solution
Fortinet's FortiAP-221B wireless thin access point delivers secure, identity-driven Wi-Fi client access that creates a fortified WLAN network. FortiAPs allow you to deploy a comprehensive, integrated security solution for your wireless and wired networks. By acting as a wireless controller, FortiGate or FortiWiFi security platforms enable you to deploy comprehensive unified threat management (UTM) protection over your wireless network.
- Industry-leading wireless technology
The FAP-221B sports the latest generation of wireless hardware with encompasses a set of advanced technologies and features enabled by 802.11n. This includes low-density parity check (LDPC) encoding, Maximum likelihood demodulation/Maximum Ratio Combining (MRC)/(MLD), and Transmit beamforming (TxBF). The FortiAP-221B is IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n standards-based, and operates on both 2.4 GHz b/g/n and 5 GHz a/n spectrums. It utilizes industry leading wireless chip technology that takes advantage of 2x2 MIMO (multiple input multiple output) with dual transmit streams. This MIMO technology allows the FortiAP-221B to reach wireless association rates as high as 300 Mbps per radio and enables the coverage to extend more than twice as far as legacy 802.11 a/b/g.