Product Id: 24819569
Description: Black Box PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter - Fiber media converter - GigE - 10Base-T, 1000Base-LX, 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T - RJ-45 / SC single-mode - up to 10 km - 1310 nm
Mfr Part #: LPS500A-SM-10K-SC
Connect Gigabit-speed fiber optic to a 10-/100-/1000-Mbps copper UTP segment while also powering 802.3af devices at the end of the CAT5 run.
This PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter from Black Box enables you to transparently connect copper cabling to single-mode fiber as an economical way to extend Ethernet communications well beyond the 100-meter (327-foot) CATx limit. In fact, it supports a maximum distance of 10 kilometers (6.2 miles).
Along with matching copper to interference-free fiber at Gigabit speeds, the converter doubles as power sourcing equipment (PSE) for Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices plugged in on the copper side.
Plus, the PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter has extensive power management features, including overcurrent protection, undercurrent detection, minimum load sensing, and PSE MDI power enable/disable.
For reliable data communications, the media converter boasts link fault passthrough (LFP) capabilities, monitoring receive ports on both the fiber and copper sides for loss of signal. If signaling is lost on one media port, it automatically disables the transmit (TX) signal to the other media port.
Additionally, a far-end fault (FEF) function enables the converter to cease sending link pulse to a link partner if signaling on the fiber receive (RX) port is lost. The link partner will also synchronously stop sending data. This way, you don't lose valuable data transmitted over an invalid link.
- Converts 10-/100-/1000-Mbps copper to Gigabit Ethernet fiber
- Works as 802.3af power sourcing equipment (PSE) for Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices on the copper side
- A low-cost, economical solution for powering PoE devices over the same CATx link used for data communications
- Powered device (PD) signature sending detects when a PoE device is connected
- Protects against damage caused by overcurrent events and offers undercurrent detection
- Link fault passthrough monitors both copper and fiber receive ports for loss of signal
- Far-end fault detection prevents the loss of valuable data from it being sent over an invalid link
- Supports 802.3x flow control on full-duplex ports and backpressure on 10Base-T/100Base-TX half-duplex ports
- LEDs indicate when it is feeding PoE power as well as when power is interrupted
- RoHS compliant