Product Id: 24819568
Description: Black Box PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter - Fiber media converter - GigE - 10Base-T, 1000Base-SX, 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T - RJ-45 / LC single-mode - up to 10 km - 1310 nm - TAA Compliant
Mfr Part #: LPS500A-SM-10K-LC
Connect Gigabit-speed fiber optic to a 10-/100-/1000-Mbps copper UTP segment while also powering 802.3af devices at the end of the CAT5 run.
Along with matching copper to interference-free fiber at Gigabit speeds, the converter doubles as power sourcing equipment (PSE) for Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices plugged in on the copper side.
Using existing UTP cabling for both data communications and 48 VDC power simplifies a network application in terms of provisioning power and maintaining equipment. It's particularly ideal for locating equipment where electrical access is inconvenient or just too expensive to locate. Install PoE-compatible security cameras and wireless access points in areas without any nearby power outlets while reducing your overall power consumption, too.
Plus, the PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter has extensive power management features, including overcurrent protection, undercurrent detection, minimum load sensing, and PSE MDI power enable/disable.
For reliable data communications, the media converter boasts link fault passthrough (LFP) capabilities, monitoring receive ports on both the fiber and copper sides for loss of signal. If signaling is lost on one media port, it automatically disables the transmit (TX) signal to the other media port.
Additionally, a far-end fault (FEF) function enables the converter to cease sending link pulse to a link partner if signaling on the fiber receive (RX) port is lost. The link partner will also synchronously stop sending data. This way, you don't lose valuable data transmitted over an invalid link.
- A low-cost, economical solution for powering PoE devices over the same CATx link used for data communications
- Powered device (PD) signature sending detects when a PoE device is connected
- Protects against damage caused by overcurrent events and offers undercurrent detection
- Link fault passthrough monitors both copper and fiber receive ports for loss of signal
- Far-end fault detection prevents the loss of valuable data from it being sent over an invalid link
- Supports 802.3x flow control on full-duplex ports and backpressure on 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX half-duplex ports
- Jumbo frame support (2 KB, normal mode; 9 KB, cut-through mode)