Product Id: 24791312
Description: Raritan Dominion LX-108 - KVM switch - CAT5 - 8 x KVM port(s) - 1 local user - 1 IP user - rack-mountable
Mfr Part #: DLX-108
Raritan's Dominion LX is the KVM-over-IP switch that provides IT managers in small to midsize business (SMB) environments with local and remote BIOS-level access and control of up to 16 servers, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week no matter where you are. With tiering, multiple Dominion LX switches can be connected together, and up to 256 servers can be accessed.
The Dominion LX modern architecture platform supports High Definition (HD) 1920 x 1080 remote video resolution for a crisp, clear view into your server infrastructure. With the Dominion LX you will be able to access and manage the servers that store your critical business information, wherever and whenever you need to.
- Local and remote user support for one or two remote users, with an independent local port for non-blocking access
- Raritan's universal virtual media - mount media devices on remote servers enabling IT management from anywhere
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Asian language remote user interfaces
- Modern, easy-to-use, common browser-based GUI simplifies local and remote server access and management
- Absolute mouse synchronization ensures that the remote and target server mouse pointers stay in sync, making server management easy
- Multiplatform Computer Interface Modules (CIMs) and MCUTP cable bundles for low cost Dominion LX to server connections
- Tiering enables multiple Dominion LX switches to be connected together
- Modern hardware architecture
Dominion LX is a true next-generation switch with an advanced hardware and software architecture specifically for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). This innovative design, found in three hardware models, enables new levels of KVM-over-IP performance, reliability, usability, compatibility and security.
- High performance, video hardware with HD resolution
Dominion LX's KVM-over-IP engine uses Raritan's next-generation technology, providing users with ultra-fast video screen refresh, 1920 x 1080 high definition remote video resolution, and advanced color calibration.
- Quick and easy appliance setup - "Plug and Play" mouse synchronization
Dominion LX is a secure, Linux -based hardware appliance. All standard Dominion LX features, including authentication and Web access, are built into the unit and do not require the use of an additional server.
- Three USB ports for keyboard, mouse and USB media
The Dominion LX has three USB 2.0 ports on the back panel, for local keyboard, mouse and USB media.
- Multiplatform Computer Interface Modules (CIMs)
Dominion LX supports Dominion CIMs, Virtual Media CIMs, MCUTP cable CIMs, and Serial CIMs. Dominion CIMs operate at distances of up to 150 feet from the Dominion LX switch, depending on server resolution.
- Modem port for emergency access
The Dominion LX modem port provides emergency remote access if the data network is unavailable.
- Fully independent browser based local console port
The Dominion LX features a common, browser-based interface and full management functionality at the local port, providing a consistent user experience that is easy to learn. In addition, convenient hotkey switching between servers is supported.
- Flexible tiering (cascading) of up to 256 servers
Customers can connect (e.g. tier) multiple Dominion LX switches together, and access the attached servers in the data center or from a remote PC. Up to 256 servers can be accessed via a consolidated port list or via search.
- Dual stack IP networking - IPv4 and IPv6
The Dominion LX provides dual stack IP networking with simultaneous support of IPv4 and IPv6.
- Virtual media
The benefits of virtual media - mounting of remote drives/media on the target server to support software installation, remote booting and diagnostics - are available in all the Dominion LX models.
- Common user interface
The Dominion LX has a next-generation, browser-based user interface that is common across the local port, remote access, management software as well as other Raritan products - enhancing usability and productivity
- Firmware upgrades over Ethernet
Dominion LX firmware upgrades can be downloaded directly from the Raritan website, and upgrades can be performed via the network. Dominion LX D2CIMs connected to the switch will also be upgraded.
- Full-screen video display with flexible video scaling
With the Dominion LX's full-screen video display, users appear to be directly connected to the target server, without window borders or toolbars. With the "pop-up" menu bar, users can run KVM client functions while in full-screen mode. With the Dominion LX's flexible scaling, the user is not restricted to fixed-size windows, but can drag the window border to the desired size, including small thumbnail views.
- Port scanning and thumbnail views
View selected servers as a slide show and/or real-time thumbnail views. The user can select a list of servers, set the scan interval and quickly access a given server.
- Fast video switching
Once the Dominion LX's advanced video resolution detection has calculated a target server's video characteristics, connections to the server occur almost instantaneously. This gives the Dominion LX user immediate access in most cases to all connected servers.
- Absolute mouse synchronization
The Absolute Mouse Synchronization feature is the ultimate mouse synchronization solution. For Windows and Mac servers with a compatible USB mouse port, there is no need to adjust the mouse settings on the target server - plug-and-play. This reduces installation time and ensures that the remote and target server mouse pointers never go out of synchronization. This feature is enabled by the D2CIM-VUSB and D2CIM-DVUSB virtual media CIMs.
- Intelligent mouse synchronization
Most KVM switches require the customer to manually adjust the mouse motion and mouse acceleration settings for all connected target servers for each KVM user.
- Transparent keyboard handling
Transparent keyboard handling means that virtually all user keystrokes are sent to the target server and not processed by the desktop client. This key feature obviates the need for most keyboard macros and allows the user to directly interact with the target server with a higher level of connectivity.
- AES encryption
The Dominion LX utilizes the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption for added security. 128-bit and 256-bit AES encryption is available.
- Video and virtual media
Dominion LX securely encrypts the video stream, keyboard and mouse data, and virtual media.
- Local and remote authentication
Dominion LX integrates with industry-standard directory servers, such as Microsoft Active Directory, using either the LDAP or RADIUS protocols. This allows the Dominion LX to use pre-existing username/password databases for security.
- Configurable strong password checking
The Dominion LX has administrator-configurable, strong password checking to ensure that user-created passwords meet corporate and/or government standards and are resistant to brute force hacking.
- Local authentication with users, groups and permissions
In addition to external authentication, the Dominion LX supports local authentication. Administrators can define users and groups with customizable administration and port access permissions.
- Multiple security features
Dominion LX offers many additional security features, including password aging, inactivity timers, group permissions, per-port authorization, etc.