Product Id: 24785346
Description: Quantum vmPRO 4601 4TB Disk Deduplication Backup Appliance - NAS server - 3.9 TB - rack-mountable - HDD - RAID 6 - Gigabit Ethernet - 2U
Mfr Part #: DDM46-CR01-004A
As users in small businesses and remote sites put more data on virtual machines, the problem of protecting the virtual environment becomes more critical and more complex. Quantum's vmPRO 4000 provides the answer. The vmPRO 4000 is a complete data protection solution that combines turnkey simplicity with advanced VM protection technology and market-leading value. It's an all-in-one protection solution for virtual machines in SMBs and remote offices that includes both backup software and storage to retain months of data. Its high-speed backup utility writes data directly to disk and leverages industry-leading deduplication for long term retention. For DR protection, the vmPRO 4000 automatically replicates deduplicated data to other vmPRO systems or to DXi appliances in central sites.
vmPRO 4000 systems are built on an innovative combination of technologies specifically designed to provide faster and more effective VM protection. Their progressive optimization technology filters out unassigned or inactive data in each VM to reduce reduce the data being backed up, maximizing server, network, and storage utilization and increasing performance. vmPRO software runs on its own virtual appliance, eliminating the need for agents or separate physical servers. And it provides a native, file system view of all the backup data, enabling fast, easy single-file restores and supporting non-backup uses.
The vmPRO 4000 provides the industry's highest level of overall value. One affordable price gives users everything they need for protecting all their VMs, with no hidden costs or extra charges. The deployment process is fast and easy, with automated discovery of VMs, simple scheduling options, secure remote administration for multiple units, and capacity-on-demand scalability for non-disruptive growth. For sites using conventional backup apps, the vmPRO 4000 improves the effectiveness of legacy backup applications for VMs and can consolidate protection for both physical and virtual servers.
The vmPRO 4000's unique combination of innovative VM optimization technology and industry-leading deduplication provides higher performance and better data reduction than any software-only product or dedupe appliance alone can offer. This turnkey, affordable solution offers a wide range of key technical features to provide flexible and effective protection across VM environments.
- Backup software and storage in one, integrated solution
- Systems optimized for SMBs and remote offices
- Includes deduplication for long term retention of data on disk
- Integrated replication capability provides automated DR protection compatible with DXi appliances
- Capacity-on-demand scalability for non-disruptive growth without a service visit or added hardware
- Includes support for legacy backup apps and physical server backup to protect user investments
- Progressive optimization filters out inactive data to reduce the size of backup jobs, maximizing performance and resource utilization
- Virtual appliance-based backup design eliminates agents and extra servers
- Native file system view of VM backup means fast single-file restore and flexible, non-backup data use
- Simplifies management of virtual environment for all administrative functions
- Compatible with major backup applications
- One affordable price includes all software and hardware for a complete protection system
- Simple, automated backup features with easy set up and low admin overhead
- Secure remote administration enables central management of remote offices
- Single point of service and support for the entire solution set
- On-site and phone support from the leading backup specialist