Product Id: 24754505
Description: Omnitron iConverter T3/E3 - Media converter - BNC / SC single-mode - up to 40 km - T-3/E-3 - 1310 (TX) / 1550 (RX) nm
Mfr Part #: 8750-2
The iConverter T3/E3 media converter provides standard T3 (44.736Mbps) or E3 (34.368Mbps) coax to fiber conversion and can be used to connect to devices such as PBXs, multiplexers, routers and video servers via fiber. T3/E3 media converters operate in pairs, extending distances over fiber, which improves noise immunity, quality of service, intrusion protection and network security.
The T3/E3 supports fixed fiber and Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers, enabling adaptability to different fiber types, distances and wavelengths, providing maximum flexibility across a variety of network architectures and topologies. Support for SFP transceivers increases the bandwidth capacity of fiber access infrastructure by incorporating Coarse Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM) technology. CWDM SFPs provide wavelength conversion enabling multiplexing of up to 16 wavelengths on the same fiber pair. The same media converter can utilize a variety of SFPs for different wavelengths and distances, reducing costs and simplifying inventories.
Individual coax and fiber port access can be controlled, providing the network administrator with an easy mechanism for controlling usage and access to the network when installed in a chassis with network management.
The T3/E3 features extensive local and remote loopback user-selectable diagnostic modes. Local loopback facilitates individual coax or fiber loopback operations. Remote loopback facilitates setting a remote T3/E3 converter to loopback mode, in order to test the integrity of the fiber and the remote converter, eliminating the cost of external hardware or support personnel at each end of the link.
Additional diagnostic features include forcing of all 1s data patterns, Alarm Indication Signal (AIS), to the coax or fiber interfaces and generating and monitoring a Pseudo Random Bit Sequence (PRBS) per ITU O.151 specification. These diagnostic features combined with the informative and easy-to-read LED display facilitate quick installation, fault detection, isolation and correction.
- T3 (DS3) or E3 coax to fiber media converter
- Framing independent; supports framed or unframed and channelized or fractional unchannelized data
- Supports dual fiber and single-fiber with distances of up to 120km and 40km respectively
- Supports Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceivers with standard and CWDM wavelengths
- Supports SFP Digital Diagnostic Monitoring Interface (DDMI) bus
- Supports multimode and single-mode fiber with ST, SC, LC and MT-RJ connectors
- Supports RG-59 75 ohms coax interface with short-haul and long-haul build-out options
- Features user-selectable local and remote loopback modes and force 1s (AIS) to coax and fiber
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides realtime port and module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification
- LED displays for immediate visual status of each port