Product Id: 24718770
Description: Mellanox ConnectX-2 EN MNPH29D-XSR - Network adapter - PCIe 2.0 x8 low profile - 10 GigE - 2 ports
Mfr Part #: MNPH29D-XSR
Mellanox ConnectX-2 EN Ethernet Network Interface Cards (NIC) deliver high bandwidth and industry-leading 10 and 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with stateless offloads for converged fabrics in Enterprise Data Centers, High-Performance Computing, and Embedded environments. Clustered databases, web infrastructure, and IP video servers are just a few example applications that will achieve significant throughput and latency improvements resulting in faster access, real-time response and increased number of users per server. ConnectX-2 EN improves network performance by increasing available bandwidth to the CPU and providing enhanced performance, especially in virtualized server environments.
- Industry-leading throughput and latency performance
- Enabling I/O consolidation by supporting TCP/IP, FC over Ethernet and RDMA over Ethernet transport protocols on a single adapter
- Improved productivity and efficiency by delivering VM scaling and superior server utilization
- Supports industry-standard SR-IO Virtualization technology and delivers VM protection and granular levels of I/O services to applications
- High-availability and high-performance for data center Networking
- Software compatible with standard TCP/UDP/IP and iSCSI stacks
- High level silicon integration and no external memory design provides low power, low cost and high reliability
- Converged Ethernet
ConnectX-2 EN delivers the features needed for a converged network with support for Data Center Bridging (DCB). Fiber Channel frame encapsulation compliant with T11 and hardware offloads simplifies FCoE deployment while efficient RDMA transactions are enabled by Low Latency Ethernet running over DCB fabrics. By maintaining link-level interoperability with existing Ethernet networks, IT managers can leverage existing data center fabric management solutions.
- I/O Virtualization
ConnectX-2 EN support for hardware-based I/O virtualization provides dedicated adapter resources and guaranteed isolation and protection for virtual machines (VM) within the server. ConnectX-2 EN gives data center managers better server utilization and LAN and SAN unification while reducing cost, power, and cable complexity.
- Quality of Service
Resource allocation per application or per VM is provided and protected by the advanced QoS supported by ConnectX-2 EN. Service levels for multiple traffic types can be based on IETF DiffServ or IEEE 802.1p/Q, along with the DCB enhancements, allowing system administrators to prioritize traffic by application, virtual machine, or protocol. This powerful combination of QoS and prioritization provides the ultimate fine-grain control of traffic - ensuring that applications run smoothly in today's complex environment.
- Software Support
ConnectX-2 EN is supported by a full suite of software drivers for Microsoft Windows, Linux distributions, VMware and Citrix XenServer. ConnectX-2 EN supports stateless offload and is fully interoperable with standard TCP/UDP/IP stacks. ConnectX-2 EN supports various management interfaces and has a rich set of configuring and management tools across operating systems.