Product Id: 24679007
Description: Omnitron iConverter XG+ - Media converter - SONET/SDH, 10 GigE, 10Gb Fibre Channel - XFP / XFP
Mfr Part #: 8599N-11
The iConverter XG+ is 10 Gigabit, protocol transparent media converter with two pluggable transceiver ports supporting the three Rs (regeneration, retiming and reshaping). By taking advantage of the wide variety of 10 G pluggable transceivers, it can be used as copper-to-fiber converters, fiber mode converters or WDM transponders.
The iConverter XG+ supports 100% traffic throughput and have no packet size restrictions. Ultra low packet latency enables high-performance connectivity for data centers and financial networks.
The iConverter XG+ supports high-power XFP transceivers and the generation of wavelength tunable DWDM XFP transceivers. Utilizing management, the wavelength of a tunable transceiver can be programmed and saved, eliminating the need for external programming equipment.
The iConverter XG+ is available as compact, unmanaged standalone units, or chassis plug-in module that can be managed with a management module installed in the chassis. The hot-swappable, plug-in modules can be mounted in a variety of chassis with AC and DC power supplies.
- Supports MSA power level 4 XFP transceivers
- Provides management of wavelength tunable XFP transceivers
- Protocol-transparent 10 Gigabit converter/transponder
- Ultra low latency
- Diagnostic Monitoring Interface (DDMI) bus
- Multimode to multimode, multimode to single-mode, single-mode to single-mode and copper to fiber conversion
- Supports WDM XFPs for transponder applications
- Built-in loopback mode for installation verification and troubleshooting
- Link fault detection modes facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting
- LED displays for immediate visual status of the port
- SNMP management provides monitoring, configuration and fault notification