Product Id: 24672467
Description: Unitech MS246 - Magnetic card reader ( Tracks 1, 2 & 3 ) - USB - black
Mfr Part #: MS246
The Unitech MS246 is an intelligent, programmable magnetic stripe reader that provides a wide range of functionality and value in a convenient package size. The entire unit is just 100 mm long, about the length of a credit card. It reads up to three tracks of information with a single swipe in either direction, and has a beeper and three-color LED indicator to signal a successful read. The MS246 provides easy USB connectivity and OPOS driver support, and it is programmable so that the data format and output can be configured to match application and communication requirements.
- Small footprint to fit in tight places
- Reads up to 3 tracks of information
- Bi-directional swipe reading
- Superior reading of high jitter, scratched, and worn cards
- Reliable for over 1,000,000 card swipes
- Threaded inserts for mounting
- USB-KB or USB-HID interface, no external power supply required
- Signifies successful reads with a beeper and tri-color LED indicator
- Can be used free standing or mounted
- Full functionality and compact size
The MS246 intelligent magstripe reader delivers exceptional performance in a compact housing. It can read up to 3 tracks of magnetic stripe card data regardless of swiping direction or speed. The MS246 is ideal for POS, security, loyalty and other applications.
- Easy to use and install
The uniquely designed at housing allows for mounting in different orientations by using threaded inserts or Velcro. The 6-foot cable exits through the side, increasing flexibility in mounting options. The MS246 provides easy USB connectivity and OPOS driver support.
- Many programmable features
The MS246 is a fully programmable reader and output format can be customized with its own user friendly Windows-based MSR reader configuration manager. For example, after reading and validating card data, the unit can be programmed to parse the data, insert control characters, and add prefix/suffix characters while maintaining data integrity through vertical and longitudinal error checking.