Product Id: 24646402
Description: VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager Standard - (v. 5) - license - 25 virtual machines - academic
Mfr Part #: VC-SRM5-25S-A
vCenter Site Recovery Manager is the market-leading disaster recovery product that ensures the simplest and most reliable disaster protection for all virtualized applications.
Site Recovery Manager Enterprise provides enterprise level protection to all virtualized applications to ensure fast and predictable RPOs and RTOs. This edition allows customers to choose between built-in vSphere Replication and a wide range of supported storage replication products to replicate virtual machines between sites. Enterprise edition provides non-disruptive testing and automated failback of recovery plans, as well as planned migrations between sites.
SNS is Required and sold separately. Only Partners authorized with a VMware Academic Specialization may have access to quote the Academic SKU's. SKU limited to quantity 3 due to SRM Standard's 75 VM maximum limitation. Cannot mix SRM Enterprise and Standard licenses.
- Replace Error-Prone Runbooks with Simple Automated Recovery Plans
- Choose between vSphere Replication, for cost-efficient VM-level replication, and storage-based replication, tightly integrated with SRM to ensure coordinated recovery
- Perform frequent, automated tests of recovery plans without disrupting your environment
- Execute preventive failovers and planned migrations for global load balancing or to avoid downtime due to known upcoming events
- Create, manage and execute recovery plans directly from within VMware(R) vCenter
- Manage disaster recovery plans
Site Recovery Manager allows organizations to create, update and document recovery plans as an integrated part of managing their VMware virtual environment. Traditional solutions for disaster recovery rely on documenting all of the steps and resources required for failover in runbooks that are difficult or impossible to keep accurate and up-to-date. With Site Recovery Manager, the steps and resources that make up the failover process are managed directly from VMware vCenter Server.
- Perform non-disruptive tests of failover and recovery
Using Site Recovery Manager, organizations can execute automated tests of their recovery plans without disrupting their environment. Site Recovery Manager makes it easy to create an isolated environment for testing while leveraging the recovery plan that would be used in an actual failover.
- Automate failover and recovery
Site Recovery Manager makes it possible to automate execution of recovery plans, eliminating many of the slow and unreliable manual processes common in traditional disaster recovery. At the same time, Site Recovery Manager ensures that the recovery process is executed as intended.
- Disaster recovery management
Discover and display virtual machines protected by storage replication using integration adapters certified by storage vendors. Support for iSCSI, Fiber Channel, and NFS-based store replication. Create and manage recovery plans directly from vCenter Server.