Product Id: 24510716
Description: Juniper EX 3300 24P - Switch - 24 x 10/100/1000 (PoE) + 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet / 1 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ - desktop - PoE
Mfr Part #: EX3300-24P
Juniper Networks EX3300 switch delivers a high-performance, flexible and cost-effective solution for most demanding converged data, voice, and video enterprise access environments. It supports Juniper Networks Virtual Chassis technology, allowing up to six switches to be interconnected over uplink ports and managed as a single logical device to deliver a scalable, pay-as-you grow solution for expanding network environments.
- Data center-optimized cooling options, which offer both front-to-back and back-to-front airflows, and make the EX3300 suitable for GbE data center access deployments
- Four dual-mode small form-factor pluggable transceiver uplink ports
- Uplink ports that can be configured as Virtual Chassis interfaces and connected via standard GbE/10 GbE optics interfaces
- Comprehensive Layer 2 functionality with RIP and static routing
- Compact, 12-inch deep 1 U form factor to enable flexible deployment options
- Easy-to-manage solution with centralized software upgrades and a single management interface, along with an LCD for managing virtual chassis configurations
- Virtual Chassis technology
The EX3300 supports Juniper Networks Virtual Chassis technology, allowing up to six switches to be interconnected over uplink ports and be managed as a single logical device, delivering a scalable, pay-as-you-grow solution for expanding network environments. The EX3300 implements the same slot/module/port numbering schema as other Juniper Networks chassis-based products when numbering Virtual Chassis ports, providing true chassis-like operations. By using a consistent operating system and a single configuration file, all switches in a Virtual Chassis configuration are treated as a single device, simplifying overall system maintenance and management.
- Data center Gigabit Ethernet server access
The EX3300 switch is optimized for GbE server access deployments in the data center, with front-to-back and back-to-front cooling. The four SFP+ uplink ports on the EX3300 can operate at 10 Gbps simultaneously, offering up to 20 GbE of uplink connectivity to each of the dual aggregation switches.
The EX3300 switch fully interoperates with Juniper Networks unified access control, which consolidates all aspects of a user's identity, device, and location, enabling administrators to enforce access control and security down to the individual port or user levels. Working as an enforcement point within the UAC, the EX3300 provides both standards-based 802.1X port-level access control and Layer 2-4 policy enforcement based on user identity, location, and/or device. A user's identity, device type, machine posture check, and location can be used to not only grant or deny access but also to determine the duration of access.
- High availability
The EX3300 line of Ethernet switch is designed to support many of the same failover capabilities and high availability (HA) functionality. EX3300 switch is capable of functioning as a routing engine when deployed in a Virtual Chassis configuration. When two or more EX3300 switches are interconnected in a Virtual Chassis configuration, all member switches share a single control plane. When more than two switches are interconnected in a Virtual Chassis configuration, the remaining switch elements act as line cards and are available to assume the backup routing engine position should the designated master fail.