Product Id: 24471639
Description: NETGEAR ProSafe GS752TXS Smart Switch - Switch - managed - 48 x 10/100/1000 + 4 x 10 Gigabit SFP+ - desktop
Mfr Part #: GS752TXS-100NAS
The NETGEAR new generation of ProSAFE Stackable Gigabit Smart Switch GS752TXS is a powerful 48-port Gigabit Smart Switch that comes with stacking capabilities as well as 4 SFP+ ports for 10G connectivity. It is purposely designed for mid-enterprise customers seeking virtualization solutions to improve their server utilization, security, and availability as well as application management. GS752TXS is the most cost-efficient solution for 10G connections into the servers and network storages in the networks, making it ideal for server and storage virtualization in the med-enterprise network environment. GS752TXS comes with rich enterprise-class feature sets and advanced security measures, yet very simple and easy network management. Its stacking capability helps improve network redundancy and reliability, making it future-proof for network expansion down the road.
- Supports high-bandwidth applications such as data backup and replication, virtualization, video on demand and high-volume transaction processing
- Auto failover creates a safety net so that if one switch in the stack fails, all other switches will be intact
- Fiber-optic connections allow stacked switches to be placed in multiple physical locations, supporting remote or branch offices
- Increases security by imposing consistent policy and user credentials across the network, regardless of where users connect
- Increases network efficiency by forwarding multicast traffic to designated hosts only, rather than flooding multicast packets across all ports
- Protects IT investment by future-proofing the network for the next generation of applications and extensions
- Prevent access layer attacks such as DHCP server attacks, ARP man-in-the-middle attacks and IP/MAC spoofing attacks by using IP-to-MAC binding information
- Increases security by isolating specific ports from communicating with other ports on the same switch
- Prevents an attacker from scanning a system to gain valuable services and information
- Extensive visibility, granular control and seamless automation across the network for a range of NETGEAR products including switches, wireless infrastructure and network-attached storage
- Smart switch with 10 G uplinks and stacking
An ideal companion to the rapidly emerging class of 10-gigabit servers, the NETGEAR ProSafe 52-port gigabit stackable smart switch is the smart switch with 10-gigabit connectivity - delivering maximum throughput in SMB networks for demanding tasks such as data replication and backup, virtualization, video on demand and high-volume transaction processing. At less than half the cost of a managed switch, the ProSafe 52-port gigabit smart switch provides 48 gigabit ports for connecting devices to the network, along with four 10 GE SFP+ ports for stacking or uplink to servers. The GS752TXS offers a rich enterprise-class feature set, including advanced traffic management and security, yet can be easily configured and monitored through a web-based graphical user interface.
- Enterprise-class features
With a rich set of Layer 2 management features, the GS752TXS is efficient, secure and ready for the future. Static routing allows for segmentation of the network, with internal routing through the switch - reserving the router for external traffic routing only, making the entire network more efficient. Dynamic VLAN assignment increases security by imposing consistent policy and user credentials across the network, regardless of where users connect. Support for MLD Snooping greatly increase network efficiency by forwarding multicast traffic to designated hosts only, rather than flooding multicast packets across all ports. The GS752TXS also comes with full IPv6 support, comprehensive security and advanced multicast management.
- Scalability and reliability
The GS752TXS is a scalable solution that grows with a business. Starting with a single switch, the stack can grow to six switches with a total of 288 network ports. Two out of the four 10-gigabit SFP+ ports on each switch can be used to create the stack, a single logical unit with up to 40 Gbps of stacking backplane that can be configured and managed as one switch - speeding up deployment while simplifying administration and maintenance. The stacked switches can be spread across multiple physical locations, by taking advantage of SFP+ fiber-optic connectivity, making the GS752TXS an ideal solution for remote and branch offices. All four 10GE ports can be used for network uplinks to servers and storage devices, or split with two ports for local or distant stacking and two ports for uplinks and link aggregation. Auto failover creates a safety net so that if one switch in the stack fails, all the other switches will be intact.