Product Id: 24325089
Description: Sun Dual 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 2.0 - Network adapter - PCIe 2.0 low profile - 10 GigE - 2 ports
Mfr Part #: 1109A-Z
Oracle's Sun Dual Port 10 GbE SFP+ PCIe 2.0 networking card with SFP+ pluggable transceiver is designed for the need of the changing data center environments today. Ideal for slot-constrained environments, Sun Dual 10 GbE PCIe 2.0 card provides a simplified low cost alternative to multiple 1 GbE server adapters for Oracle's Sun portfolio of rack and blade servers.
Today's multicore environments are driving the need for greater networking bandwidth in order to meet the throughput requirements for virtualized server environments. Offering advanced networking features for efficient distribution of Ethernet workloads across CPU cores, the Sun Dual Port 10 GbE PCIe 2.0 networking cards help to load-balance interrupts and relieve bottlenecks for various high-performance applications in the data center, including iSCSI implementation allowing LAN and storage traffic to share the same network.
- Reduced cost and complexity of multi-port GbE networks through consolidation
- Optimized 10 GbE performance through iSCSI implementation allowing LAN and storage traffic to share the same network
- Elimination of I/O bottlenecks between virtual machines
- High virtualization performance
- Simplified network topology