Product Id: 24085776
Description: Dell Dual Port X520 DA2 - Network adapter - PCIe 2.0 x8 - 10 GigE - 2 ports
Mfr Part #: 430-3815
Dual Port X520 DA2 10 gigabit server adapter Ethernet PCIe network interface card from Dell. Intel Virtualization Technology for Connectivity (VT-c) is a suite of hardware assists that reduces I/O bottlenecks in a virtualized server and improves performance, flexibility and virtual machine scalability. Using emulation mode or direct access mode, it improves overall system performance by lowering the I/O overhead in a virtualized environment. This optimizes CPU usage, reduces system latency, and improves I/O throughput.
In emulation mode, Virtual Machine Device Queues (VMDq) optimizes network performance by offloading data sorting and copying from the software virtual switch in the VMM to the Intel Ethernet 82599 10 Gb controller. This configuration is best suited for a large number of VMs running standard applications with limited bandwidth and latency requirements. In direct access mode, industry standards-based SR-IOV provides direct VM connectivity and data protection across VMs. It allows the data to bypass the software virtual switch and provides near-native performance. It assigns either physical or virtual I/O ports to individual VMs directly.
- Improves performance, flexibility and virtual machine scalability
- Optimizes CPU usage, reduces system latency, and improves I/O throughput
- Optimizes network performance by offloading data sorting and copying
- Best suited for a large number of VMs running standard applications
- Allows the data to bypass the software virtual switch and provides near-native performance