Product Id: 23708791
Description: StarTech.com USB 3.0 eSATA Hard Drive Docking Station with Cooling Fan - HDD docking station - bays: 1 - 2.5", 3.5" - eSATA - 5 GBps - USB 3.0 - black
Mfr Part #: SATDOCKU3SEF
Dock your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA Hard Drive over USB 3.0 or eSATA, with the added benefit of a built-in Cooling Fan. The SATDOCKU3SEF Hard Drive Docking Station (eSATA/USB 3.0 to SATA) delivers quick and easy access to a 2.5in or 3.5in SATA hard disk drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD) through either eSATA or USB connectivity, making it compatible with almost any system. Large capacity drives (tested with up to 4TB 3.5" and 1TB 2.5" drives) can be used to greatly enhance your computer''s storage/backup capabilities.
The docking station features a built-in 80mm cooling fan that provides increased reliability and lifespan to HDDs by keeping the drives cooler. The variable fan speed control allows for on-the-fly adjustments for any type of HDD, or to balance cooling with noise. The HDD dock will also power down SATA drives after a period of inactivity (USB mode only) or when the PC is turned off, to help reduce power consumption and noise when not being accessed.
The docking station supports full eSATA data transfer rates of up to 3 Gbps, and USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5 Gbps while backward compatible with USB 2.0 system transfer rates of up to 480 Mbps.
For an even more versatile storage solution, this eSATA/USB 3.0 HDD docking station can be used with the SATA to IDE hard drive adapter (SAT2IDEADP) enabling you to use 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives with the dock.
- 80 mm cooling fan with variable speed control (including off)
- Top slot-loading design with bay door
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 compliant host interface with support for transfer rates up to 5 Gbps
- High speed eSATA host interface with supported transfer rates up to 3 Gbps
- Supports both 2.5" and 3.5" form factor hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD)
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0 systems
- Drive power and activity LED indicator
- High performance hard drives that require active cooling for reliability
- Hot or non-temperature controlled environments where passive cooling may not be reliable enough
- Data recovery specialists who need quick access to drives for imaging
- Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving
- Take advantage of new laptops and desktops with USB 3.0 connectivity, for faster data transfers
- Upgrade from a USB 2.0 drive dock to faster USB 3.0