Product Id: 23706005
Description: Perle IOLAN SCS8CM DC - Console server - 8 ports - GigE, RS-232 Mdm - DC power - 1U
Mfr Part #: 04031504
IOLAN SCS console servers have a truly fault tolerant design to minimize downtime and provide reliable, secure remote device management. With built-in dual Ethernet and Redundant Path technology the IOLAN SCS provides assured serial console port access, offering the most reliable solution for managing data center and remote branch equipment... all at the best price performance.
- High performance processor with integrated hardware encryption processor for the best throughput
- Provides a single view of all out of band console ports - ideal for large data centers
- IP support (IPv6) for investment protection and network compatibility
- Primary/backup host functionality enables automatic connections to alternate hosts should the primary TCP connection go down
- EasyPort web - access equipment serial console ports by using your java-enabled Internet browser
- Built-in IPSec VPN gateway - access serial devices over a standard IPSEC VPN infrastructure
- Dynamic DNS - easy console management access from anywhere on the Internet
- HTTP tunneling enables firewall-safe access to remote serial devices across the Internet
- Java-free browser access to remote serial console ports via Telnet and SSH
- Ping watchdog probes enable customers to power cycle equipment
- Secure serial console management
IOLAN SCS console servers enable administrators to securely access remote serial console ports on equipment such as PBX, servers, routers, network storage equipment and security appliances through an IP network. Data management information is protected through standard encryption tools such as Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). By using encryption technologies, an IOLAN console server protects sensitive and confidential data before being sent across a corporate Intranet or public Internet.
- High availability access
The IOLAN SCS has built-in fault tolerant capabilities to ensure secure and reliable access for managing important mission critical equipment. Dual Ethernet interfaces on the IOLAN SCS provide redundant network paths while dual AC power supply models ensure that console management is available even if the primary AC power source fails. For remote administrators that require access from home, on the road or in the event of a total network failure.
- Advanced IP technology
With support for IP (IPv6) the IOLAN range provides organizations with investment protection to meet this rapidly growing standard. The IOLAN line with support for IPv6 already built in, is the best choice in serial to Ethernet technology.