Product Id: 22872241
Description: IOGEAR USB Smart Card Reader - SMART card reader - USB 2.0
Mfr Part #: GSR202
Get ready for the future with the IOGEAR USB Smart Card Reader. Smart Card readers are used as a communications medium between the smart card and a host (e.g. a computer, a point-of-sale terminal). A Smart Card is a small portable credit-card shaped pocket-sized card with embedded integrated circuits or IC chips which can process data. The combination of the small size and IC make them a valuable tool for security, data storage, and other special applications. The use of Smart Cards can improve user security by combining something a user has (the smart card) with something only the user should know (a PIN), this provides two factor security that is more secure than passwords alone.
The traditional credit card uses a magnetic-strip which stores a very small amount of information and has no processing capability of its own. Smart Cards are the next generation of secure and user friendly identification, authentication & data storage solution. The IOGEAR USB Smart Card Reader uses a contact system where the card must be swiped through the card reader; this type of reader is less prone to misalignment and eliminates the possibility of being misread.
Smart Cards are the next step in convenience and security.
GSR202 is listed on the Approved Product List and is TAA compliant product.
- Suitable for applications in government, healthcare, banking, entertainment, and secure network login
- Supports multiple Smart Card protocols and relevant industry standards for digital signage and secure personal identification
- FIPS-201 Compliant: Meets US Federal Information Processing Standard Publication 201*
- EMV 2000 Level 1 approved and support 3V and 5V cards
- CAC Compatible for use with CAC card software**
- ISO7816 implementation - Class A, B, and C (5V / 3V / 1.8V) Card
- USB 2.0 connection to increase reliability and ease of operation
- Power / scan LED indicators
- R-TRE.1: Follow the ISO7816-2
- R-TRE.2: GSR202 conforms to the reader-to-host system interface of Personal computer/smart card (PC/SC) spec
- R-TRE.3: Support Class A operating class as defined in ISO/IEC 7816-3: 1997 and ISO/IEC 7816-3:1997/Amd 1:2002
- R-TRE.4: Support both T=0 and T=1 transmission protocol which is defined in ISO/IEC 7816-3:1997
- R-TRE.5: Not generate the programming Voltage
- R-TRE.6: Data retrieved from the PIV readers shall be the data that was written on each card
- R-TRE.13: Data format for physical readers shall consist of the 2 parity bits, agency code, system code and credential code elements of the FASC-N along with the expiration date (YYYYMMDD) from the CHUID as defined by appendix A of NIST SP 800-73. Each element shall be individually formatted as binary numbers and combined to form a 75 bit string as shown in the figure below.
- *CAC Middleware is not included