Product Id: 22856142
Description: Polycom VBP 5300-ST25 - Security appliance - GigE - 1U
Mfr Part #: 2583-73553-008
The Polycom V2IU 5300-ST series is an easily deployed network appliance solution that provides greater scalability than other server-based software solutions. And it helps reduce costs by simplifying the deployment, management, and security of converged video, voice, and data networks. This is the ideal solution for service providers, because it protects critical IP communication components used in the delivery of hosted video or voice services. And it's also ideal for enterprises, because the Polycom V2IU 5300-ST eliminates the need to place H.323 gatekeepers and multipoint conference units on the public IP network for interoffice or partner collaboration.
A VoIP and video-aware solution, the Polycom V2IU 5300-ST series helps resolve NAT/firewall traversal issues by performing video and voice NAT at the public/private IP address boundary, eliminating the security risks of other traversal methods that tunnel or obscure video and voice traffic from existing perimeter security.
The Polycom V2IU 5300-ST employs a stateful packet inspection firewall in combination with an application layer gateway, providing comprehensive application-aware security. This approach enables the Polycom V2IU 5300-ST to dynamically provision and close TCP and UDP ports as needed by video and voice endpoints.
Simply install the Polycom V2IU 5300-ST between your H.323 gatekeeper or multipoint conference units and the public IP network to hide their real IP addresses and increase security. To identify and authenticate video and voice devices as they register with the gatekeeper, the Polycom V2IU 5300-ST uses a dynamic access control list. This authentication mechanism eliminates the need to manually program IP addresses of valid devices in other firewalls around the perimeter of the data center.
- All in one network and security solution for converged voice, video, data networks
- Provides remote NAT/Firewall traversal for H.323 clients using H.460
- Topology hiding ensures that the real IP addresses of critical network infrastructure components are not discovered
- Works seamlessly with gatekeepers and multi-point conference units
- Dynamic access control list simplifies setup
- Secures voice and video devices
- Routes media shortest path
- Video and voice call admission control prevents congestion of priority traffic