Product Id: 22741603
Description: Intellinet GuestGate MK II - Wireless router - 4-port switch - 802.11b/g/n - 2.4 GHz
Mfr Part #: 524827
Now you can easily accommodate guests in your offices, such as consultants, auditors, professional service providers, manufacturing representatives and clients, without burdening your IT administrator with last-minute LAN configuration requests. Simply install the Intellinet network solutions GuestGate MarK II Wireless 300N HotSpot Gateway, and your visitors will be able to access the Internet from your conference room, office, Internet café, hotel or other accommodations in your facility without compromising the security of your network.
- Captive portal provides instant secure guest access to the public network
- All-in-one wireless high-speed HotSpot for secure access to the Internet
- HNP technology protects the network from unauthorized access
- Plug and Play for configuration-free client operation
- Guest protection through Layer 3 Client Isolation technology
- Wireless 300 Mbps access point functionality
- Complies with 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11n standard and is backward compatible with IEEE 802.11g/b standards
- 2T2R MIMO technology for enhanced throughput and coverage
- Integrated 10/100 Mbps LAN switch with Auto MDI/MDI-X support
- Bandwidth throttling
- Integrated password option for Internet access
- Support for IEEE 802.1X RADIUS authentication allowing the deployment of GuestGate in larger networks with RADIUS-based user authentication
- Fully customizable welcome page
- Automatic redirect after login to any Web site
- Walled-Garden functionality
- Internet access time scheduler
- Black-list function for IP addresses and Internet domains
- White-list function for local network addresses
- Packet filter for IP addresses, domains and TCP/IP service ports
- User logging function can be activated to keep track of the Internet servers visited by the guests
- Firmware upgrade through Web-based user interface
- Captive portal
GuestGate MK II offers must-have functions that define a captive portal. You can customize the welcome page by changing the text or uploading a banner image, or you can change the welcome page completely because Intellinet gives you full access to the HTML code. The Walled-Garden functionality allows you to present Internet service to your guests, even if they have not authenticated themselves.
- Easy access, installation & configuration
When using GuestGate, there is no need for your visitors to reconfigure their notebook computers in order to access the Internet through your network - simply log in using the company-provided password. Nor is it necessary for your IP administrator to reconfigure your network every time you have a guest. Thanks to its sophisticated IP Plug and Play mechanism, GuestGate automatically adjusts to the guest computer's TCP/IP settings, making it a snap to accommodate those who need to access the Internet. It also detects the host network's setting, and in most cases automatically configures the Internet access!
- Protect your private network
Using the Intellinet network solutions HNP technology, GuestGate MK II prevents clients from seeing the host network, while at the same time allowing them access to the public Internet. Special privileges, such as access to specific servers and printers, can easily be configured as needed while still providing host network protection. For added protection, you can choose to assign your visitor a password for Internet access. You can even limit the amount of bandwidth allowed for the guests, further ensuring that your network is not impacted by the additional users.
- Client isolation: protect your guests' computers
Your visitors can rest assured that the security of their notebook computers will not be compromised by strangers; e.g., other guests you may have visiting and accessing your network at the same time. This innovative device protects your GuestGate users by assigning different random networks to each client. This unique client isolation capability is provided through Layer 3 LAN technology, and ensures that no connection between guest computers can be established. As if that were not enough, GuestGate also protects the guest computers from unauthorized access from the Internet, helping to prevent their computer from being attacked while connected to the Internet through your LAN.
- Wireless coverage and speed with wireless 300N
The Wireless-N standard has dramatically increased the overall performance of a wireless network. With speeds up to 300 Mbps and dramatically improved coverage distances, the Wireless-N technology greatly surpasses that of 802.11g. Should this increased performance still not be sufficient for your environment, you can quickly attach additional access points to GuestGate MK II and increase your wireless coverage without the need for complex configurations.
- Scalability and flexibility
GuestGate MK II can be easily integrated into larger networks. It can be connected to virtually any network port that offers Internet access without interfering with the existing network. If you don't wish to provide wireless access, or if you wish to continue to use your favorite brand of WiFi gear, you can simply deactivate GuestGate's wireless function. Thanks to the integrated 10/100 Mbps LAN switch, you can connect additional switches to GuestGate MK II; e.g., guests can connect to it through Ethernet ports in hotel rooms. And since GuestGate already provides the security mechanisms you need to protect both your own network and your guests, there is no longer a need for VLAN Ethernet switches that are expensive and complicated to set up. Keep it simple and save money with GuestGate MK II.