Product Id: 22706287
Description: Comtrol RocketPort EXPRESS 8J - Serial adapter - PCIe - RS-232/422/485 x 8
Mfr Part #: 31310-6
Comtrol's RocketPort EXPRESS 8J serial port expansion card provides eight "native" serial ports utilizing a single PCIe card slot and is compatible with all PCI Express bus architectures. The RJ11 serial ports, mounted on the edge of the card, support software configurable RS-232/422/485 serial communications at speeds up to 921.6 Kbps.
Every RocketPort serial card features the high-performance RocketPort processor chip, consisting of a dedicated 44 MHz core that minimizes host CPU utilization and optimizes data transmission via larger transmit-and- receive buffers than those of UART chips, commonly used in standard PC serial ports and low-end serial cards.
RocketPort technology enables these cards to outperform other serial expansion cards by handling the transmission of large amounts of data more reliably and efficiently.
- RJ11 multi-port serial expansion using a single PCIe slot maximizes host expansion capabilities
- PCI Express x1, x2, x4, x8, x12 and x16 lane connectivity
- Low-latency communication supporting the widest variety of applications
- Robust driver support enables card to work seamlessly
- On-board dedicated 44 MHz RISC processor minimizes "host" CPU utilization
- Edge-mounted RJ11 serial ports provide cost-effective, compact serial connections
- Transmit and receive buffers 32 times larger than a standard UART-based serial card ensuring smooth, efficient data transfer
- RoHS directive 2002/95/EC compliant