Product Id: 22706286
Description: Comtrol RocketPort EXPRESS 4J - Serial adapter - PCIe - RS-232/422/485 x 4
Mfr Part #: 31305-2
Comtrol's RocketPort EXPRESS 4J serial port expansion card provides four "native" serial ports utilizing a single PCIe card slot and is compatible with all PCI Express bus architectures. The RJ45 serial ports, mounted on the edge of the card, support software configurable RS-232/422/485 serial communications at speeds up to 921.6 Kbps.
Every RocketPort serial card features the high-performance RocketPort processor chip, consisting of a dedicated 44 MHz core that minimizes host CPU utilization and optimizes data transmission via larger transmit and receive buffers than those of 16550 UART chips, commonly used in standard PC serial ports and low-end serial cards.
RocketPort technology enables these cards to outperform other serial expansion cards by handling the transmission of large amounts of data more reliably and efficiently.
- RJ45 multi-port serial expansion using a single PCIe slot maximizes host expansion capabilities; adds additional COM ports using only one slot
- PCI Express x1, x2, x4, x8, x12 and x16 lane connectivity
- Low-latency communication supporting the widest variety of applications
- RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 software-selectable
- On-board dedicated 44 MHz RISC processor minimizes "host" CPU utilization
- Edge-mounted RJ45 serial ports provide cost-effective, compact serial connections
- Transmit and receive buffers 32 times larger than a standard 16550 UART-based serial card ensuring smooth, efficient data transfer
- RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC compliant