Product Id: 22616836
Description: BUSlink CipherShield Penta Interface AES Encrypted External Drive P5-2000C - Hard drive - 2 TB - external ( desktop ) - 3.5" - FireWire 800 / FireWire / USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 / eSATA
Mfr Part #: P5-2000CN
Introducing the greatest of the CipherShield Hardware Key Encrypted External Hard Drive, the Penta Interface. With 5 different connection types at your disposal, compatibility and speed of data transfer is no longer an issue. USB 3.0, USB 2.0, FireWire 400 and 800, and finally, who can forget eSATA.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the AES encryption module on the controller board. The drive will automatically lock down its content once the key is unplugged, or power is shut off. And without the access key, data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive. Data stored on the hard drive are safeguarded by hardware-based National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified industrial strength AES (Advanced Encryption standard) cryptographic engine. The advantage of hardware encryption over software encryption is that you need not be concerned about Trojans/viruses or software upgrades, which results in a decrease of total cost of ownership. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Unit is bundled with two keys and registration is required for key duplication.
- Penta interface: USB 2.0, USB 3.0, FireWire 400, FireWire 800, eSATA
- Can be reformatted to HFS+ for Apple Mac
- CipherShield Smart Insert technology with CipherKey to authenticate the drive
- Encryption is on the removable hardware key; can be removed and stored away to prevent unauthorized access
- NIST certified AES 128-bit hardware encryption algorithm encryption
- Real time "on-the-fly" encryption without any performance degradation