Product Id: 22606637
Description: Omnitron iConverter xFF - Media converter
Mfr Part #: 8699-0-W
The iConverter xFF is a protocol-transparent media converter that provides reliable and cost-effective conversion between different wavelengths, multimode and single-mode, and dual and single-fiber.
The iConverter xFF operates as a protocol and rate-transparent device, supporting data rates of 1Mbps to 1.25Gbps by selecting the appropriate Small Form Pluggable (SFP) transceiver. The xFF supports a variety of network protocols, including Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, OC-3 and OC-12 SONET protocols.
SFP transceivers enable the xFF to operate as a Coarse Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM) transponder, which converts an optical signal from legacy fiber equipment to a specific CWDM wavelength. CWDM technology increases the bandwidth capacity of the fiber infrastructure by overlaying multiple signals, each using a different wavelength, over an existing fiber link.
There is no manual configuration required with the plug-and-play iConverter xFF. Connect the fiber cables to the appropriate interface and the installation is complete.
The xFF features user-selectable Link Propagate and Remote Fault Detection modes to facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting.
- SFP to SFP protocol-transparent fiber converter
- Supports Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, OC-3 and OC-12 SONET applications
- Supports SFP Digital Diagnostic Monitoring Interface (DDMI) bus
- Provides multimode to single-mode and dual to singlefiber media conversion
- Provides wavelength conversion for CWDM applications
- User-selectable link fault detection modes facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting
- Management is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides real-time port and module information, configuration and trap notification
- LED displays for immediate visual status of each port
- Conforms to IEEE 802.3 specifications