Product Id: 22571542
Description: Black Box PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter Multimode - Fiber media converter - Gigabit Ethernet - 10Base-T, 1000Base-SX, 1000Base-TX, 100Base-TX - RJ-45 / LC multi-mode - up to 550 m - 850 nm - for P/N: EVNSL081A-1000
Mfr Part #: LPS500A-MM-LC
Connect Gigabit-speed fiber optic to a 10-/100-/1000-Mbps copper UTP segment while also powering 802.3 af devices at the end of the CAT5 run.
This PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter from Black Box enables you to transparently connect copper cabling to multimode fiber as an economical way to extend Ethernet communications well beyond the 100-meter CATx limit.
Along with matching copper to interference-free fiber at Gigabit speeds, the converter doubles as power sourcing equipment (PSE) for Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices plugged in on the copper side.
Using existing UTP cabling for both data communications and 48-VDC power simplifies a network application in terms of provisioning power and maintaining equipment. It's particularly ideal for locating equipment where electrical access is inconvenient or just too expensive to locate. Install PoE-compatible security cameras and wireless access points in areas without any nearby power outlets while reducing your overall power consumption, too.
Plus, the PoE PSE Gigabit Media Converter has extensive power management features, including overcurrent protection, undercurrent detection, minimum load sensing, and PSE MDI power enable/disable.
For reliable data communications, the media converter boasts Link Fault Passthrough (LFP) capabilities, monitoring receive ports on both the fiber and copper sides for loss of signal. If signaling is lost on one media port, it automatically disables the transmit (TX) signal to the other media port.
Additionally, a Far-End Fault (FEF) function enables the converter to cease sending link pulse to a link partner if signaling on the fiber receive (RX) port is lost. The link partner will also synchronously stop sending data. This way, you don't lose valuable data transmitted over an invalid link.
- Converts 10-/100-/1000-Mbps copper to Gigabit Ethernet fiber
- Supports links up to 550 meters on fiber side with 50/125-um, 500-MHz fiber
- Offers a maximum data transfer rate of 2000 Mbps
- Works as 802.3 af Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) for Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices on the copper side
- Provides 48 VDC and 15.4 watts of power to Powered Devices (PD) that comply with the 802.3 af standard
- A low-cost, economical solution for powering PoE devices over the same CATx link used for data communications
- Powered Device (PD) signature sending detects when a PoE device is connected
- Protects against damage caused by overcurrent events and offers undercurrent detection
- Link fault passthrough monitors both copper and fiber receive ports for loss of signal
- Far-end fault detection prevents the loss of valuable data from it being sent over an invalid link
- Jumbo frame support
- Copper port auto negotiates for network speed and features auto MDI-X for easy cabling
- LEDs indicate when it is feeding PoE power as well as when power is interrupted
- RoHS compliant