Product Id: 22498333
Description: Fluke Networks SimpliFiber Pro Singlemode Fiber Verification Kit - Network tester kit
Mfr Part #: FTK2100
Today's high-bandwidth premises networks depend on a reliable fiber optic infrastructure. Proper installation and maintenance of fiber cabling is imperative for minimizing network downtime. Whether you require basic fiber verification capabilities, advanced troubleshooting and inspection, or documented loss and power measurements, Fluke Networks' SimpliFiber Pro Optical Power Meter and Fiber Test Kits are the best first-line fiber instruments to meet your needs.
SimpliFiber Pro Optical Power Meter and Fiber Test Kits include all the tools necessary to verify and troubleshoot optical fiber cabling systems, measure loss and power levels, and inspect and clean connector end-faces. Replacing the popular SimpliFiber series, these next generation optical loss test kits boast industry-leading functions such as dual-wavelength testing and automatic-wavelength detection, in addition to unique features such as CheckActive, FindFiber, and Min/Max. With such advanced, yet easy-to-use, capabilities that reduce test times, SimpliFiber Pro is simply the best first-line fiber test kit on the market.
The Fluke Networks FTK2100 fiber optic cable verification test kit includes a SimpliFiber Pro optical power meter with two singlemode light sources to measure power and loss using dual-wavelength testing, which simultaneously transmits two wavelengths - 1310 nm and 1550 nm for one source and 1490 nm and 1625 nm for the other - for verification of cabling in singlemode fiber networks. The meter is also calibrated for 850 and 1300 nm wavelengths to measure multimode cabling when paired with a multimode light source (sold separately). A minimum and maximum function tracks power fluctuations and a reference value can be set to enable a direct display of fiber loss. The meter's internal memory stores up to 1,000 test results, and those results can be downloaded via the meter's USB 2.0 interface to a computer for long-term records retention, or for analysis and generation of certification reports using the included LinkWare software. The software is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and 7 operating systems. The meter emits an audible tone and displays an icon when a live link or port is detected. Test results are displayed on a black and white LCD that has a backlight for visibility in low light. The meter can be set to turn off automatically after 10, 20, 30, or 60 minutes of non-use to conserve battery life. Additional specifications include power measurement accuracy of + or - 0.25 dB and various environmental operating conditions. In addition to the SimpliFiber Pro meter and two singlemode light sources, the kit includes an SC power meter adapter, a USB interface cable, LinkWare PC software CD, SimpliFiber Pro product manuals CD, batteries for each device, a carrying case, and instructions. Singlemode fiber testers are used by network technicians to troubleshoot, maintain, and optimize performance of fiber optic cable in high-bandwidth enterprise networks.
- Single-port, simultaneous dual-wavelength feature completes testing in half the time and saves measurements from both wavelengths into one record
- Additional 1490 and 1625 nm wavelengths extends product use to broader applications
- CheckActive feature emits an audible tone and displays an icon when a live fiber is detected, eliminating the need to set up a measurement
- FindFiber Remote ID enables one individual to quickly identify cable connections or routings (especially useful at patch panels), eliminating the need for multiple technicians on opposite ends of a fiber link to match color combinations
- Min/Max capability automates precision tracking of intermittent power fluctuations
- Large internal memory save 1000 results which enables continuous testing and recording
- LinkWare Cable Test Management software helps to analyze test results and create professional test reports
- Various kit configurations for all “first line” fiber handling needs, including fiber verification, inspection, and cleaning – all housed in a professional, rugged carrying case
- Ruggedly built for demanding field use
- Auto-senses source wavelength
- Tests multimode and singlemode fiber