Product Id: 22441138
Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM System Z - Premium subscription (1 year) - 1 system
Mfr Part #: RH0451709
Red Hat Enterprise Linux is the premier operating system for open source computing. Red Hat Enterprise Linux creates a reliable, secure, high performance platform designed for today's commercial environments - with capabilities that match or surpass those of proprietary operating systems.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux family of products provides comprehensive suite of Linux solutions designed expressly for mission-critical enterprise computing. It delivers high levels of reliability and value - coupling the open source technology and the stability of a true enterprise-class platform.
- Support for a wide range of Independent Software Vendor (ISV) applications
- Certification on multiple architectures and leading hardware OEM platforms
- Excellent performance, scalability, and availability, with audited industry benchmarks
- A fully homogeneous family of products that enable seamless inter-operation of systems from the desktop to the datacenter
- A trusted datacenter platform
Red Hat Enterprise Linux is the foundation of a long-term IT strategy, supporting all leading hardware architectures with compatibility across releases. Modular, flexible, robust architecture and management tools offer more control and scalability.
- Application performance, scalability, and security
Standards in multi-core and virtual systems require a platform that can manage complexity - scaling up or out to meet business needs. Red Hat Enterprise Linux has proven performance on systems with over a hundred cores and terabytes of memory, making it suitable for large enterprise application deployments. With technology designed specifically for monitoring, managing, and securing applications, Red Hat Enterprise Linux is an ideal guest on any of the major virtualization platforms.
- Delivers flexibility and control across IT infrastructures
Red Hat Enterprise Linux allows businesses to deploy physical, virtual, and cloud computing within their datacenters. Red Hat technologies span all environments, removing barriers, increasing efficiency, and leveraging employee skills. Integrated virtualization allows physical and virtual deployments to interoperate, while fine-grained control of compute resources (e.g. CPU, memory, networking, and I/O) allows businesses to manage application and guest service-level agreements (SLAs).