Product Id: 22194302
Description: ALTUSEN KH2508A - KVM switch - CAT5 - 8 x KVM port(s) - 2 local users - desktop
Mfr Part #: KH2508A
The KH2508A KVM switch is a control unit that allows IT administrators to access and control multiple computers from two PS/2 or USB KVM consoles (one bus). Operators working at up to two consoles can independently and simultaneously take control of up to 8 computers. By daisy chaining up to 31 additional switches, as many as 256 computers can be controlled from the original KVM consoles.
This switch has been designed with unique and powerful features that enable administrators to manage their entire server room and data center devices easily and conveniently.
For example, the advanced adapter ID feature stores the adapter cable's configuration information - such as its ID, port name, OS, keyboard language, etc. This feature allows administrators to relocate servers to different ports without having to reconfigure the adapters.
A KH2508A installation provides one of the best, and most economical, solutions ATEN offers to the SMB market. There is no better way to save time, space, and money than with a KH2508A KVM switch.
- Two KVM consoles independently and simultaneously control up to 8 directly connected computers
- By daisy chaining up to 31 additional KH2508A switches, as many as 256 computers can be controlled from the original KVM console
- Console conversion - any type of KVM console can control any type of computer; mixed combinations (PS/2&USB) supported on both the KVM console and computer sides
- Configue port access rights for users on a port-by-port basis
- Diversified port operation mode enables flexible computer management - occupy, exclusive and share modes
- Three port selection methods: manual (via front panel pushbuttons), hotkey, and multi-language OSD (on screen display)
- Multiplatform support - PC, Mac, Sun, and serial
- Multiple user accounts - supports up to 10 user and 1 administrator accounts
- Two-level password security- supports one administrator and ten user profiles
- Strong password protection prevents unauthorized accessing to the installation
- Auto scan mode enables continuous monitoring of user-selected computers
- Broadcast mode sends commands from the console to all computers - allowing you to perform operations (such as software installation, upgrades, shutdowns, etc.) on them simultaneously