Product Id: 22179386
Description: Quantum DXi8500 Array Module - Hard drive array - 10 TB - 16 bays - HDD 1 TB x 16 - rack-mountable - 3U - field - for Quantum DXi8500 Disk Deduplication Backup Appliance
Mfr Part #: DDY85-UDAM-010A
The DXi8500 offers industry-leading performance, up to 6.4TB/hour, and advanced deduplication technology that reduces typical disk and bandwidth requirements by 90% or more.
Scaling from 20 to 200TB of usable capacity, the DXi8500 presents the industry's widest range of presentation options, including deduplication-enabled VTL, CIFS, NFS, and OST, as well as native-mode (non-deduplicating) VTL and NAS shares. All interfaces can be supported simultaneously in the same unit to provide maximum configuration options for heterogeneous environments. The DXi8500 features an integrated path to tape for both VTL and OST presentations, providing a direct link to physical tape libraries for both short-term protection and long-term retention.
The DXi8500 provides Enterprise deduplication systems the management tools needed to integrate them into a multi-site, multi-tier protection strategy offering both advanced reporting for internal operations and support for global management across users' disk, tape, and replication systems.
- Provides up to 6.4TB/hour performance for faster backup and restore
- Provides from 20 to 200TB usable capacity
- Reduces typical disk capacity and bandwidth needs by 90 percent or more through deduplication
- Enterprise backup system with flexible interface - VTL, NFS, CIFS, OpenStorage (OST) combines deduplication and non-deduplicating shares
- Streamlines backup management, reduces capital costs and the demands for space, power and cooling
- Integrates direct tape creation from disk to combine short-term and long-term protection
- Supports all leading backup software, replication compatible with all DXi appliances