Product Id: 22101580
Description: Eaton SPD 160 - Surge protector - AC 120/208 V - 3-phase WYE (star)
Mfr Part #: PSPD160208Y3K
Eaton's SPD series surge protective devices are the most advanced ULT 1449 3rd Edition certified surge protectors. Application of SPD series units throughout a facility will ensure that equipment is protected with the safest and most reliable surge protective devices available.
- Utilizes thermally protected Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) technology
- 20 kA nominal discharge current rating (maximum rating assigned by UL)
- 50 through 400 kA surge current capacity ratings
- Factory-sealed assembly prevents arc flash and shock hazards
- Contains no replaceable parts or items that require periodic maintenance
- 200 kA short circuit current rating (SCCR)
- The SPD series makes surge suppression safer than ever
The SPD series employs safety and design features that make surge protection safer than ever. Unlike many surge protective devices, the unit contains no user-serviceable parts or items that require periodic maintenance, such as replaceable surge modules, replaceable fuses, surge counter memory backup batteries or wire lugs that require periodic retightening. Using technology and surge protective device design, the SPD series provides safe, reliable, worry-free surge protection.
- Enhanced protection status indicators
The SPD series has elevated the features normally found within surge protective devices to the next level. Unlike many surge protectors that may have only single-colored indicators that simply indicate whether power is applied to the surge protective device, each unit includes dual-colored protection status light emitting diodes (LEDs) that indicate the true status of the protection. This feature ensures that the user is supplied with accurate information concerning the status of the protection the SPD is supplying on the phase, not the status of the power applied to the phase.
- 20 kA nominal discharge current rating
The entire SPD series product offering has a nominal discharge current of 20 kA, the highest achievable rating for this important parameter. This is a rating for SPDs that is included as part of UL 1449 3rd Edition testing and certification. This rating provides an indication of the SPD's design robustness and ability to handle a number of large-magnitude surges over a short period of time and remain operational within tested parameters.