Product Id: 22023124
Description: Juniper Networks EX8200-8XS - Expansion module - 10 GigE - 8 ports - for EX 8208; 8216
Mfr Part #: EX8200-8XS-TAA
The Juniper Networks EX8200 line of Ethernet switches offer powerful, modular platforms that deliver the performance, scalability, and carrier-class reliability required for today's high-density enterprise data center and campus aggregation and core environments, as well as high-performance service provider interconnects.
EX8200 Ethernet line cards are specifically designed to optimize enterprise applications. Each EX8200 Ethernet line card features an on-board Packet Forwarding Engine - the EX-PFE2 -that is equipped with two purpose-built, application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), one to perform wire-speed packet processing at line rates, and another to perform internal deep packet queuing and buffering while providing a high-speed interface to the chassis switch fabric. In addition, each line card contains a local processor which provides scalable local control and status processing.
The EX8200-8XS is an eight-port 10GBASE-X line card with compact, modular SFP+ fiber optic interfaces, enabling up to 64 line-rate 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports. The EX8200-8XS is ideal for enterprise applications such as campus or data center uplink aggregation, core and backbone interconnects, and for service providers requiring high-density, wire-speed 10-Gigabit Ethernet interconnects in metro area networks, Internet exchange points, and points of presence (POPs). The 10-Gigabit Ethernet port densities afforded by the EX8200-8XS line cards also enable EX8200 switches to consolidate aggregation and core layers in the data center, simplifying the network architecture and reducing power, space, and cooling requirements while lowering total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Hardware designed for continuous operation
- Redundant Trunk Group (RTG)
- VLAN Spanning Tree Protocol (VSTP)
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- Bidirectional Forwarding Detection protocol (BFD)
- MPLS capabilities
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) v1/v2/v3
- IGMP snooping
- Control plane denial of service (Dos) protection
- Weighted Random Early Drop (WRED) scheduling
- Scheduled Weighted Round Robin (SWRR) queuing
- Strict Priority queuing
- Egress per port and per queue shaping
- Multi-field classification (l2-l4) for scheduling and rewrite