Product Id: 21968011
Description: Polycom RSS 4000 5 Ports - Video conferencing device
Mfr Part #: VRSS4000S
The Polycom RSS 4000 Recording and Streaming Server is a network-based appliance that records, archives, and streams telepresence and video conferences to desktops, conference rooms, and more. Organizations benefit from reduced communication costs, improved knowledge sharing, and extended use of information assets.
By leveraging the Polycom RSS 4000 with existing telepresence systems, video conferencing endpoints and video infrastructures, organizations convert one-time events into knowledge assets deliverable to audiences via URL link and the intuitive Polycom RSS 4000 interface. Applications for the Polycom RSS 4000 include executive and corporate communications, training sessions, lectures, project management meetings, and more. The Polycom RSS 4000 is simple to use and fully compatible with standards-based telepresence and video conference systems, conference bridges, management applications, and more.
Conferences are streamed to live audiences in up to 720p HD resolution, and automatically archived in the Polycom RSS 4000 in 1080p HD resolution, with Polycom StereoSurround audio and shared content such as slides and spreadsheets. Integration with Polycom RMX Series Conference Platforms enables one-touch recording, and all recordings can be securely played back on telepresence and video conferencing systems or via web browser. For organizations requiring a complete video content management solution, the Polycom RSS 4000 integrates with the Polycom Video Media Center (VMC) 1000 to automatically import and publish recordings and widely broadcast live streams.
- Uses the video conferencing network as the production source for videos such as training modules, CEO broadcasts, town hall sessions, knowledge sharing, compliancy, project managements and mass communications
- Perfect for corporations who want to Web cast events such as company meetings, either live or on demand
- Leverages your investment in the video conferencing systems, turning them into content generation sources
- Quickly and affordably enables new uses for video conferencing systems and rooms
- Saves time and resources by recording and/or streaming audio and video conferences and extending the communications to employees, partners, and customers who cannot attend in person
- High capacity
Shared network-based recorder and streaming device, leveraged across the video conference systems, records up to 15 concurrent conferences.
- High quality
Up to 1080p high definition video recording and 720p HD live streaming, Stereo Surround audio and full content recording for top quality media productions.
- Easy viewing
Supports both unicast video on demand and multicast for streaming to a large number of desktops plus it delivers the ability to play back using the video endpoints.
- High reliability
Dual RAID 1 hard disk drives, redundant power supplies, and dual network interface cards.
- Content management
Content can be downloaded for post -production editing or automatically imported into an enterprise-wide content management application such as the Polycom Video Media Center (VMC) 1000 video on demand and live broadcast server.