Product Id: 21693450
Description: IBM - LTO Ultrium 5 - 1.5 TB / 3 TB
Mfr Part #: 46X1290
IBM LTO Ultrium Generation 5 media has been designed to deliver exceptional capacity and reliability at a lower cost per GB than other types of storage medium. Cartridge capacity of up to 3 TB (at 2:1 compression) helps reduce the number of cartridges and the amount of equipment, space and labor associated with tape-based storage. In addition, it helps reduce the time associated with backup and restore operations by reducing the amount of cartridge handling, further lowering operational costs.
- High capacity tape cartridge built and tested to stringent LTO Ultrium Generation 5 specifications
- Provides up to 3 TB (with 2:1 compression) of capacity in a single cartridge
- Supports I/T data encryption standards
- Dual-partition capability designed to enhance the performance of time-encoding applications and support future tape innovations from IBM
- The ideal green storage for data centers, designed for long data retention and archiving with no power required at rest
- Designed to help improve read/write reliability by storing IBM's statistical media read/write analysis on every use of the cartridge when used with IBM LTO tape drives
- Designed to adhere to widely supported Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium design specifications
- 1.5 TB (3.0 TB with 2:1 compression) tape capacity
Reduces manual intervention for tape operations, saving you valuable IT staff time. Reduces the physical storage space needed for backup cartridges.
- Rigorous testing and optimization
Designed to withstand the demands of every day use. Maximized performance and reliability in IBM LTO tape drives.
- Write once, read many (WORM) capability
Safe long-term retention of reference data. Assists in compliance with data retention regulations LTO hardware encryption compliments WORM media to.
- IBM's statistical media read/write analysis stored on the cartridge
Improved read/write reliability to help assure your data is protected.
- LTO Cartridge Memory (LTO-CM) chip
Fast sharing of cartridge-dependent data with tape drives. Speeds up load and unload cycles.
- Burgundy standard cartridge color
Distinguishes the cartridges from previous generations of IBM LTO Ultrium cartridges.
- Two-tone WORM cartridge color
Distinguishes WORM cartridges from standard cartridges.
- Adheres to the Linear Tape-Open standard
Cartridge can be used in products featuring LTO Gen 5 tape technology. Cartridge continues to provide value as your storage needs and infrastructure grow.
- Media partitioning capability
Enhances file control and space management.