Product Id: 21547207
Description: Lenovo Global 4x2x32 Console Manager - KVM switch - 32 x KVM port(s) - 2 local users - 4 IP users - rack-mountable - for System x3620 M3; x3950 X5
Mfr Part #: 1754D2X
The IBM Global 4x2x32 Console Manager (GCM32) provides enhanced remote management, access, and security capabilities with out-of-band access to servers, network equipment, and other devices with serial configuration or console ports from a single appliance. This unified approach improves staff efficiency by reducing the time required to remotely diagnose, reconfigure, repair, or restore servers as well as network devices and other hardware with serial configuration and/or management consoles.
The 1754 GCMs provide advanced security features with smart card/Common Access Card (CAC) reader support for secure access with centralized authentication to help further prevent security breaches and reduce at the rack system management. The 46M5383 IBM Virtual Media Conversion Option Gen2 (VCO2) with a 1754 GCM provides the historic virtual media capabilities, allowing a single USB media or mass storage device to be mapped directly to a local or remote server, as well as facilitates the Common Access Card (CAC) reader support. Now CAC readers can be quickly mapped to securely authenticate users and access servers at the rack or remotely. These offerings also deliver AES Encryption and LDAP support for simplified integration with existing authentication/security models.
The true serial capabilities of these next generation appliances expand access and control reducing infrastructure complexity by connecting and managing nearly any device with a serial port (Hubs, Routers, Switches) directly from a singular GCM. The 46M5382 IBM Serial Conversion Option (SCO), with a 1754 GCM, is designed to deliver this functionality and supports SSH and Telnet connections and the Cisco electronic pinout for seamless connections to Cisco equipment.
- KVM over IP and serial console management technology in a single appliance
- Advanced security features: Common Access Card (CAC) Reader with VCO2 (46M5383) and AES Encryption support
- True serial capability with SCO (46M5382)
- 2 Level Tiering support (Up to 1024 Servers)
- Supports Virtual Media with VCO (39M2894) or VCO2 (46M5383)
- Supports Chaining up to 16 systems per port using KCO (39M2897) or UCOs (39M2895 or 43V6147)
- Built in web interface (OBWI)
- Enhanced local and remote browser interface for simplified setup and ease of use
- Redundant 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports and power supplies standard
- Support for both IPV6 and IPV4
- Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio support
- Increased max video resolution: 1600 x 1200 or 1680 x 1050 (widescreen) native