Product Id: 21341933
Description: IOGEAR USB VGA KVM Console Extender GCE500U - KVM / USB extender - up to 150 m
Mfr Part #: GCE500U
The IOGEAR USB VGA KVM Console Extender allows access to a PC with USB or USB KVM switch from a remote USB VGA console (VGA monitor, USB keyboard, and USB mouse) via CAT5e/6 cable.
This unit is perfect for moving the console away from the computer or the KVM switch. Your console can be moved out of the server room to a location that may be more comfortable and quieter. It is also useful for security and monitoring purposes; you can place the unit in a secure area at the same time that you put the console in the most convenient location for user access and monitoring.
An USB VGA KVM Console Extender is a cost effective solution because it uses inexpensive UTP (CAT5e/6) cabling to extend the distance, versus expensive and bulky coaxial cabling. It is easy to install and operate thanks to its Auto Signal Compensation (ASC) technology, which senses the distance and adjusts the signal levels accordingly so there is no need to do any DIP switch setting. It also provides a built-in Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) for greater reliability and compatibility.
- Extend your KVM console (VGA monitor, USB keyboard and mouse) connection
- Auto Signal Compensation (ASC) helps make installation easy, with no need to configure DIP switches
- Built-in Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) for greater reliability and compatibility
- Dual console operation - control your system from either the local or remote console
- USB over-current detection and prevention
- Easy to operate - push button selection between local and remote console
- Plug-and-Play - no need for any software driver installation