Product Id: 20975745
Description: HPE - Network adapter - PCI-X - Gigabit Ethernet - for Integrity rx2660, rx3600, rx6600, rx7640, rx8640; Integrity Superdome SX2000
Mfr Part #: AD385A
The demand for higher speed networks coupled with the pervasiveness of Ethernet deployments over the past 30 years, resulted in the creation of 10 Gigabit Ethernet IEEE 802.3ae standards. As businesses run more compute intensive applications or connect more clients and devices to the network, and as these applications/clients/devices need to communicate with servers at the same time, these servers will experience increasing demand for higher IO bandwidth. PCI-X 10 Gigabit Ethernet short range 266 MHz Fiber Adapter product AD385A is a flexible cost-effective solution that can quickly relieve Gigabit Ethernet networks that are, or will soon be, reaching saturation.
HP's leading edge PCI-X 10 Gigabit Ethernet adapter provides exceptional bandwidth in one large pipe and supports many of the innovative features provided by its Gigabit Ethernet predecessor. In the future, because of its high bandwidth and flexible nature, HP PCI-X 10 Gigabit Ethernet will play a vital role for paving the road to a unified fabric infrastructure; where network, clustering and storage can coexist all over one medium; simplifying management, increasing reliability and reducing total cost of ownership.
- Standards based IEEE 802.3ae ensures consistency across the strong ecosystem
- 64-bit PCI-X capability provides faster transmissions with lower CPU utilization
- 64-bit Management Information base (MIB) statistics allows data link service (DLS) to return 64-bit statistics
- Bidirectional bandwidth that can deliver up to 9.7 Gb/s
- IEEE conformance for use of multi-mode fiber, supporting operating distances from 7' to 984' (2 to 300 meters)
- Quality engineered protocol offload algorithms that maximize host efficiencies and optimize bus utilizations by reducing host processing loads
- Modular design that can support various connectivity options and sw enhancements
- Rapid and flexible deployments requiring minimal training, due to leveraged Ethernet knowledge