Product Id: 20683437
Description: BUSlink CipherShield Encryption External with Bilateral Access Mode - Hard drive - 4 TB - external (desktop) - USB 2.0
Mfr Part #: CSE-4T-U2KKB
Buslink CipherShield 4TB 256-bit Encrypted External Hard Drive with Bilateral Access Mode safeguards and protects classified information when they are too important to be left in the hand of one individual. To gain access to the drive, authentication will be based on two unique Cipher Keys. Unlike its counterpart with collateral access method, this model requires both keys to be plugged in all the time while working with the drive. It is like getting a safe deposit box that takes two keys to open. CipherShield Encrypted Drive with Bilateral Access Mode is suitable for group setting where more than one individual are working on highly confidential projects. i.e. blueprints for company's next new products, top secret programs, highly confidential legal cases, sensitive customer records and financial information.
CipherShield design features a chip embedded in the access key which matches the chip on the controller board. Since CipherShield encrypts data independent of the operating system; removing the drive and connecting it directly to the SATA BUS will not defeat the encryption. Buslink CipherShield 4TB 256-bit Encrypted External Hard Drive with Bilateral Access Mode ensures high level of data integrity and security, thus supporting organization compliance efforts with federal regulations such as HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), or Sarbanes-Oxley Act. CipherShield Encrypted Drive with Bilateral Access Mode will automatically lock down its content once power is shut off. And without both access keys, the data will not be seen or accessed in the event of theft or loss of the external drive.
- Bundled with two sets of unique Cipher Keys - a total of 4 keys.
- Provides maximum protection with access requirement of two keys.
- Real-time hardware-based encryption encrypts and decrypts files transparently without any performance degradation.
- NIST compliant AES 256-bit encryption algorithm for strong data protection.
- Two options of interface between USB 2.0 and eSATA.
- Plug and play for easy installation; no separate driver is required.
- Housed in metal alloy case that dissipates heat.