Product Id: 20643812
Description: Socket CompactFlash Mag Stripe Reader Card 4E - Magnetic card reader (Tracks 1, 2 & 3) - CompactFlash (pack of 20)
Mfr Part #: MS5106-1109
The Socket CF Mag Stripe Reader Card 4E reads data from one, two, or three track magnetic stripes on ID cards, driver's licenses or credit cards into a Pocket PC, laptop, or tablet PC. The card works on Pocket PC (Windows Mobile) devices running Windows CE.NET v4.2 or later and Windows XP laptops and tablets. It's the perfect solution for mobile Point of Sale applications. If your Pocket PC or Windows XP computer has wireless connectivity, you can even perform credit card authorizations on the go.
The Socket CF Mag Stripe Reader Card 4E is supported by the same SocketScan software and SDK used with all of Socket's bar code scanning and RFID products. SocketScan software enters data directly into any Windows application as if it were manually typed - no custom programming is required. The SocketScan SDK is required for more complex applications using parsed or encrypted data.
- Reads the data from 1, 2 or 3 track magnetic stripes used on driver's licenses, credit and ID cards
- Two color LED indicates good or bad read
- Type I CF card with integrated Mag Stripe reader plugs into Type I or Type II CompactFlash card slot
- With CF-to-PC card adapter, the card works in a PC card (PCMCIA) slot
- Supported by the same SocketScan keyboard emulation software and SDK that supports all Socket bar code scanning and RFID products
- SocketScan enables you to assign a beep tone or .WAV file to signify a successful read
- No extra batteries or special power adapter required - the CF Mag Stripe Reader Card gets power from the mobile computer
- Works with Windows-based development tools so you can easily create custom applications