Product Id: 20385894
Description: HPE StorageWorks Extension SAN Switch - License and media
Mfr Part #: TA747A
IT organizations continue to face unprecedented data growth as more platforms, applications, and users connect to the data center network. In turn, the storage network infrastructure must continue evolving to enable fast, continuous, and most cost-effective access to mission-critical data from anywhere in the world.
To address this challenge, the HP StorageWorks Extension SAN Switch helps provide fast, reliable, and cost-effective network infrastructure for remote data replication, backup, and migration. Leveraging next-generation Fiber Channel and advanced Fiber Channel over IP (FCIP) technology, the Extension SAN Switch provides a flexible and extensible platform to move more data faster and further than ever before.
Whether configured for simple point-to-point or comprehensive multisite SAN extension, the Extension SAN Switch addresses the most demanding business continuity, compliance, and global data access requirements. Up to sixteen 8 Gbps Fiber Channel ports and six 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports provide unmatched Fiber Channel and FCIP bandwidth, port density, and throughput for maximum application performance over WAN links.
- FCIP Extension of Fiber Channel SANs provides connectivity over longer distances
- Achieve bandwidth savings and higher bandwidth utilization via data compression
- Extensive diagnostics, system-monitoring capabilities, and performance monitoring
- TCP acceleration helps to overcome latency between source and target locations
- Advanced Quality of Service (QoS) techniques can be used to prioritize traffic and guarantee that necessary bandwidth requirements are met
- Key protocol features are enabled in the FCIP implementation to optimize performance of SAN extension over IP networks
- FCIP trunking feature allows multiple IP source and destination address pairs to provide high bandwidth FCIP tunnel and failover resiliency