Product Id: 20236596
Description: Omnitron iConverter 10T/2 - Media converter - 10Mb LAN - 10Base-T, 10Base-2 (coax) - BNC / RJ-45 - up to 185 m
Mfr Part #: 8340-0-W
The iConverter 10T/2 is a 10Base-T to 10Base-2 media converter that converts between twisted pair (UTP) and coax LANs and joins their collision domains. The iConverter 10T/2 facilitates the connection of a coax segment to a 10BASE-T hub. When using a pair of iConverter 10T/2 converters back to back, they can connect between two 10Base-T hubs via coax.
The UTP port has a modular EIA/TIA 568 RJ-45 connector that supports categories 3 to 5 wiring and connects to distances up to 100m. The iConverter 10T/2 detects and corrects wiring polarity reversals, and features a crossover switch that facilitates a straight-through cable connection to a workstation or a hub, eliminating the need for a crossover cable.
The coax port has a BNC connector and supports a 50 ohm cable and distances of up to 185m. Per IEEE 802.3 standard, up to 30 workstations can be attached to the coax segment. The iConverter 10T/2 features a convenient and cost-effective cable termination via a termination switch and a built-in termination element.
The iConverter family of managed fiber access media converters is used in Service Provider access networks and Enterprise LANs. iConverter media converters provide fiber connectivity with copper to fiber, multimode fiber to single-mode fiber, or dual fiber to single-fiber conversions.
- The iConverter 10T/2 is an IEEE 802.3 compatible 10Base-T unshielded twisted pair (UTP) to 10Base-2 coax converter
- Seamlessly connects 10Base-T hubs via coax and coax network segments to 10Base-T hubs
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides real-time port and module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification
- Features a UTP crossover switch and automatic polarity detection and correction
- Features switch-selectable coax line termination for convenience, space and cost saving
- LED displays for immediate visual status of each port