The iConverter XG is a 10 Gigabit, protocol-transparent media converter with two pluggable transceiver ports supporting the three R's (regeneration, retiming and reshaping). By taking advantage of the wide variety of 10G pluggable transceivers, the iConverter XG can be used as a copper-to-fiber converter, a fiber mode converter or a WDM transponder.
The iConverter XG can be used in Telecom or Enterprise applications where 10 Gigabit media conversion and fiber extension is required. The product supports 100% traffic throughput and has no packet size restrictions. It is protocol transparent within the range of 9.95Gbps to 11.32Gbps, providing interoperability with common protocols including 10G Ethernet, 10G SONET/SDH, 10G Fiber Channel and 10G OTN (G.709).
Three interface configurations are available, supporting XFP to XFP, XFP to SFP+, and SFP+ to SFP+. Pluggable XFP and SFP+ transceivers can be used for multimode and single-mode applications, supporting short haul distances, long haul distances and CWDM fiber links. The XFP interface is compatible with copper (10GBASE-CX4) transceiver modules, making it an ideal solution for converting 10G copper to fiber.
The iConverter XG is available as a compact, unmanaged standalone unit, or a chassis plug-in module that can be managed with a management module installed in the chassis. The hot-swappable, plug-in module can be mounted in a 19 or 5-module chassis with any combination of redundant AC and DC power supplies. It can also be mounted in a 2-module AC or DC powered chassis, or in a 1-module chassis with AC or DC power input.
The standalone iConverter XG is an unmanaged tabletop or wall-mount unit. The tabletop model can be DIN-rail mounted using an optional DIN-rail mounting kit. Both the tabletop and the wall-mount models are DC powered and are available with an external AC/DC power adapter, or a terminal connector for DC power.
The iConverter XG plug-in module features full management capabilities, including status reporting, fault detection, threshold violations, loopback functionality and SNMP trap notification. SNMP traps include module insertion and removal, link-up and link-down.
Built-in loopback functions, on-board status LEDs and link fault propagation modes facilitate easy setup and quick troubleshooting. Pluggable transceiver alarm conditions reported through the digital diagnostic monitoring interface are displayed by the on-board status LEDs.
- Protocol-transparent 10 Gigabit media converter
- Compatible with 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 10G SONET/SDH, 10G Fiber Channel and 10G OTN (G.709)
- Supports multimode to multimode, multimode to single-mode, single-mode to single-mode and copper to fiber conversion
- Supports WDM XFPs for transponder applications
- IConverter transceivers support SFP and XFP Digital Diagnostic Monitoring Interface (DDMI) bus
- Built-in loopback mode for installation verification and troubleshooting
- Link fault detection modes facilitate quick fault detection, isolation and reporting
- LED displays for immediate visual status of each port
- Management is available with the addition of a management module to the chassis
- SNMP management via NetOutlook provides real-time port and module information, remote parameter configuration and trap notification